• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for Olson 911SE

ouisail

We owned #149 for several years from new and have regretted selling her since. There are few boats that combine comfortable (if spartan) and liveable interior with truly great sailing performance on anything other than a close reach. Not looking for a project boat and hope to find one in the South/East or Midwest. Located in Florida.

Thanks for any help,

Steve Purvis
850-243-0031

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Finding the rare Olson

Hi Steve,
I really wish I could be of more help... :rolleyes:
...as we got to choose from two of these and a project boat Olson 34 when we were shopping in '94. This was in the SF Bay area. We bought the O-34 and had it trucked up to Portland.
It is a great boat now, but it took some time and money to get it that way -- you know how it goes. ;)

You might find a 911S (aka a 911LE) in the Great Lakes area, and have to truck it home.
Unless you get really really lucky, my crystal ball shows a class eight truck cab and trailer in your future. :p

For a real long shot, try talking to the broker that sold us our Olson, Don Durant. He still runs Club Nautique in San Francisco and, while a busy guy, is a very nice person to talk to. They used to have a bunch of Olsons of both sizes in their large sailing club. Like I say, it's a long shot, but he might know of one coming back onto the market. http://www.clubnautique.net/
(There used to be a 911 in our fair city, but it was sold some years ago to a Seattle buyer.)

Happy Hunting,
Loren in Porltand, OR
Olson 34 #8

ps: there is an Olson 34 (tiller!) coming onto the market in Seattle, if you are interested... and he lurks on this site sometimes.

ouisail

Thanks for the lead. Will see if there is anything available. The 34 mast is 1' too tall for the best inlet bridge in my area.