• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

racing software

windjunkee

Member III
Well, I got out on "Peligroso" last night. What a beautiful maxi-racer that thing is. 9.5-10 knots upwind in 11-17 knots of true wind, and peaked at over 14 downwind with a chute that's bigger than all of my sails combined. I was, of course, only one of about 20 crew aboard, and was assigned the job of grinder on the mainsheet, but still it was quite an experience.

I saw a very cool computer program on the boat called Deckman. Has anyone had any experience using this program? It looks like a toy I may have to buy, but from what I've read, it loses alot of its real value if you don't have polars and, from what I understand, I'm not going to be able to find polars for my 3-32-2. Seth? Any input?

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 hull #134

valentor

Member II
Jim;

To get polars, check with US Sailing. You can order these for a fee if they have them on file for your boat.

If they don't, you can have your boat measured for several hundred dollars - and then US Sailing will generate them for you.

I did this when I modified the rig on my E-34 and consider it a great investment.

Best Regards;

-Steve

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Deckman Rocks

This is excellent software, and if you plan on distance racing it is very worthwhile.

It is not too practical for a boat your size when buoy racing, as all weight is needed on the rail, so it is not so easy to use from there, but can be handy cruising or distance racing-we use it in the MAC race on the 36.7.

S