• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for Boat Title Agency

Jason

Fellow Ericson Owner
I recieved my "pre-approved" letter.

On there was a list of items that I neede to get them along with all the fees.

The fees seemed reasonable except one:

USCG Documentation: $550

I called the National Vessel Documentation Center and discussed what forms I needed with them. Total cost $102.

I called Scott Financial Services, the loan broker, and asked why the cost was so high. Apparently it is like a title agency for a house, not only do they do the applications, they also check for liens, history etc. Scott Financial Services said I did not need to choose them as a "title agency". I was free to choose another agent.

Does anyone know of a member of the American Vessel Documentation Association that does not charge so much?

Thanks in advance...

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Maybe New England Marine?

When we bought our "new" boat last month the broker set title transfer (previously documented vessel) through New England Marine. I think they have offices on both coasts - and the guy who handled our transaction in CA seemed knowledgeable and helpful. Our total fees including USCG were almost $150 less than the number you provided. Still too expensive. :)
- Cory Bolton