• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Steering Wheel

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Since I have replaced ours with a Lewmar folding wheel, I would like to sell the Stainless steel, Yacht Specialty, 36" with a 1" straight shaft and key. I had to use the old nut for the new wheel.

I have no idea how much to ask for this. Excellent condition, any ideas out there? I can send it over to the Seattle marina swap meet on 4-8-06 with a buddy. Thanks,

lbertran

Member III
Lewmar Folding Wheel

Kim-
Is the Lewmar wheel pretty compatible with the Yacht Specialties steering pedestal? Did you have to make any modifications? I'm thinking about getting the Lewmar in the next year or two. Thanks.
Laura
Footloose, 1985 E35-3

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Laura,
Yes it is compatible no modifications. You will need to specify the size of the shaft and whether or not it is tapered. The folding aspect is fantasic! So much easier to navagate back and forth from the stern, especially when there is a bunch of crazy sailors in the cockpit. If I remember correctly it came with a special hub that I paid extra for in order to accomodate the straight shaft. Purchased from Chris (the sailing department) at Fisheries Supply at Lake Union (Seattle). Ask for the boat show discount. We paid about $735.00 total. Best $$ spent, very happy with it.

Mindscape

Member III
36 inch wheel

Kim - I might be interested in the 36 inch wheel. Contact me via email and we can talk cost and logistics. Thanks!

lbertran

Member III
Kim, One More Question

I forgot to ask you if there's any problem with using a wheel pilot with the folding wheel. Thanks.
Laura

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Laura,
No, unfortunately, I do not have one. I think I have seen them on the folding wheels at various boat shows. You might measure your wheel pilot and then call a Lewmar dealer and ask if it will fit.