• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

new ericson 29 owner

bill boyko

Hello Members
My wife and I have just bought an Ericson 29. Of course we are excited. It's a 1977 boat with a newer Yanmar engine. My project list is quite long but working on as sailing boat is only second to sailing . I read the specs and discussion of the boats before we bought her and they were most helpfull. I will surly have questions in the future and will appreciate help from Ericson owners.

Cheers Bill

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Congrats & Welcome!

Hi Bill -

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the family! You'll find everyone here very friendly - and of course, we now ~expect~ to see you and your boat in Sydney in June!

By the way - it makes me very happy to hear that we helped you make the decision - that's what this site is all about: taking good care of a great fleet of boats!

Please feel free to post often and jump into any discussions - we look forward to hearing from you (and seeing you in June!).

//sse

maggie-k

Member II
Way to go Bill it's a great boat. Have had mine for 10 years and love it (but it's time to move up) .
Eric

bill boyko

Ericson Northwest
When and where in Sidney is the Ericson get together? Also, has anyone devised a way to put a bow roller for a windlass on the bow of a 29 where you do not have to remove the running lights? Cheers Bill

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Look at the top-listed thread in this forum for rendezvous info.

Other than observing a nice-looking 29 in our YC moorage, I can only say that on our prior boat I removed the old Perko "eyebrow" red and green lights from either side of the forestay attachment... and put a more modern and easier-to-see Aquasignal red-green-combo light on the bow pulpit. I had to make an SS cross bar and have it wire-feed welded in. It was a nice winter project that enhanced the look of the boat (IMO) and made night sailing safer.

Loren

bill boyko

Loren
Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to remove the lights to get enough room for the bow roller.