• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted- E26 Rub Rail

Mike R

Does anyone know where I can find 12 feet of rub rail for a 1988 E26? I have tried Pacificseacraft and Wefco ( they make rubber only) with no luck. The pacificseacraft part number is 0057102. The Pacificseacraft web site has a nice view of it but states it is out of stock. Did anyone buy more than they need and can part with 12 feet? Any help would be appreciated.

Don Smith

Member II
A few years ago I had crash damage to the hull of my 1985 E26. It necessitated replacement of the entire starboard side rub rail. It was an insurance job so I had it done at the local boat yard. The rub rail turned out to be a stock item which they were able to locate in an aluminum extrusion supplier catalog and then order from them. It was sold by the foot. I've reviewed the repair bill and it doesn't id the supplier, but you should be able to get it somewhere without having to deal with Pacific Seacraft.

Good luck
Captain Don

Mike R

E26 Rub Rail

Don,
Thanks for the input. I will try Pacificseacraft again on Monday. Do you remember the person you talked with there? The service ( parts) person I spoke with was not very helpful. Thanks again.
Mike R

Don Smith

Member II
Mike, I didn't have any contact with Pacific Seacraft. The repairs were done at Windward Yacht & Repair in Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles), CA. My guess would be that you could take a sample of the rub rail to a boat yard in your area and they could use their resources to id the manufacturer and tell you who to contact. When they prepared a repair estimate for my boat I recall the yard master flipping through pages in a catalog with pictures until he found stock of the correct size and shape. Again, the rub rail seems to be a stock item, not something made specifically for Ericson.

Guy Stevens

Have you tried Taco?

That is the name of a company that makes a ton of rub rails and inserts.

However if it is the same as the one on the E-39 of the same vintage, it is actualy available at about 1/10 the cost from a company that provides the rub rails for the bottoms of the walls in hospitals and factories. Can't come up with their name right now....

Guy
:)

Mike R

E26 Rub Rail

I have tried TACO, they do make a lot of rub rail but not the one I need. Guy, if you can remember that name please get back to me. Thanks, Mike.

Guy Stevens

Is it all aluminum or plastic and rubber?

Is the rub rail all aluminum or is it plastic and rubber, with the rubber fitting into the plastic?

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Mike R

Guy,
It is all aluminum. It measures 1 1/4" high by 3/4" deep with a hollow center. It forms a " C " shape and has a 1/32" grove on the outside surface. Attaching screws are countersunk every 10-12".
Thanks
Mike

Mike R

E-26 Rub Rail

Jeff,
The picture you provided is the rub rail I'm looking for. I have gone to the pacificseacraft web site and while they still list the item they do not have any in stock and do not plan to restock. They state the rail was made by a local firm that is no longer in business.
Thanks
Mike

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
That's dirty pool!

Sorry Mike, That's dirty pool that they still advertise it on the PSC web site. Good luck. There may be other types that may work from another manufacturer some where.:boohoo: