• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Roller Furling

larossa

Member II
I am replacing the original roller furilng system on my E31C and was wondering if anyone could recommend a system. I keep the boat on the Great Lakes and extended cruises would be no longer than a week at a time.

Thanks

Mindscape

Member III
The Search continues....

Click on the search button on the menu above and key in roller furling - there is a bunch of info available on this topic. I think one of the threads is lableled 'roller furling'.. Plenty of stuff out there - pro furl, harken, furlex are all talked about. Good luck!

bbboat

Member II
I had a Cruising Design on my Catalina 27, and it worked fine except when you really needed it to work (winds building, way overpowered). At those times it would get caught up after rolling in 1/2 way, requiring someone to go up on a pitching foredeck to unstick.

My E39 has an older Harken model (at least 15 years old), that works perfectly in all weather.

Art Mullinax

Member III
Profurl Basic

I've looked at several different furlers and have about decided to go with the Profurl Basic. It has some of the same features as the Profurl Classic but is a little cheaper. Right now I don't have anything so this would be an improvement over carrying a sail bag up front and hanking on a sail.
Art M.
71/E29
I'm not sure how to paste a URL but?
http://www.profurl.com/us/produits/basic.htm