• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Annapolis Boat Show Finds

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
We went to the boat show today. Crowds are MUCH better on Thursday- and vendors and boat sales/design folks actually have the time and inclination to chat a little.
After much research and reading, I talked to the reps from Balmar today and got my new Electrical charging system figured out. It was nice to get some good feedback directly from the source (as well as to answer questions that I had from all that I learned searching the subject here and elsewhere). Seems like I should be able to put a whole new system in (minus batteries) for around $800.
We also picked out our next boat! We're starting to plan to put a serious racing program together starting in the 2007 season and we're thinking that the new Rocket 22 will be the boat to do it in. It's a very solid boat that could be sailed with a core crew of about 4 or 5 people.
Also, anyone ever been on a Gozzard? WOW! Nice people as well.
Anyway, just thought I'd share the highlights...
Chris

rotorhead

Member II
Annapolis Boat show

Hi Chris,
The show was great. I travelled all the way from PR just to attend. The Gozzard was really nice. Roomy and cozy. I like the detail on the heater, with the stone wall behind it. The vendors were really friendly; it is a family business, and it shows..

Did you had the chance to look at the Energy1 batteries. There are really slim, and I think you scan squeze some more amps for the size.

Best regards..
Ismael Zapater (Rotorhead) :cool:
S/V Erica of Falmouth
San Juan, PR

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
I raced against the Rocket 22 at Whidbey Island Race Week. Pretty slick little boat. Took a rating hit to PHRF-NW 116 last week, and then went an won the next regatta. Did you see the new J-124? We are getting one delivered to the yard I work at in the new year, and I am pretty excited about it.

The other boat I really love right now is the new Farr designed Beneteau 34.7. Carbon sprit, nice hull shape, and about $140,000 LESS than a new J-109! Word I hear is Beneteau plans to sell it for $125,000 "nicely equipped."