• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Is there an Ericson 30+ owner in Victoria BC?

A and J

Member I
We are seriously considering buying an Ericson 30+ located in California. Before we spend the money to go and see her we would like the opportunity to look at one in person. If any one knows of a owner in Victoria BC or Sidney BC please send us a note. Many Thanks. :egrin:
PS we are 6'3" and 5'6" will we both fit comfortably in the forward berth?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
FWIW --
I note that there is one listed for sale in this forum, in Seattle. That's quite a bit closer to home...

Best,
Loren in PDX

escapade

Inactive Member
V-berth fit

As a P.O. (previous owner) of a 30+ I can give you our experience. I am 6'1" & my bride is 5'4". We fit in the V-berth by me lying along 1 side & the admiraless occupying the remaining space. At 6'3" you will have your head & feet against the bulkheads. I believe you will find this the case with most 30' class boats. A matter of trying to maxamize the space. It will be doable but it's no Holiday Inn Express!
OTOH, we throughly enjoyed cruising the North Channel of Lake Huron for 2 weeks at a time, as well as racing our 30+. It was very comfortable for a couple and you could take 2 or 3 children along comfortably. The North Channel offers many secluded anchorages which we could enjoy for 3 or 4 days until we would run out of ice & fill the holding tank. We went looking for refrigeration for the 30+, ended up buying a 34' refrigerator! We owned her for 8 years and were very happy overall.
If you have any other questions concerning the 30+,let me know. BTW, we replaced her with a '88 Ericson 34, otherwise we would still be sailing her.
Good luck, have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade" :)

chasandjudy

chas and judy
buying an E 30+

We are seriously considering buying an Ericson 30+ located in California. Before we spend the money to go and see her we would like the opportunity to look at one in person. If any one knows of a owner in Victoria BC or Sidney BC please send us a note. Many Thanks. :egrin:
PS we are 6'3" and 5'6" will we both fit comfortably in the forward berth?

EDEN is a 1986 E 30+ she races and cruises out of Esquimalt Harbour near Victoria BC located at E31 CFSA you are wellcome to visit or come out for a sail I am 6'1" and Judi my wife is 5'10" E-mailo me and we can gam over Ericsons we have several in the Canadian Forces Sailing Association .

Charles A. Pash or chasandjudy@islandnet.com:egrin: