• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need specs on 1973 E27 Fuel Tank

rgoff

Member III
I pulled my fuel tank and took it to a local "tank shop" for a new one. They LOST the tank. $%^&*((

I took approx dimensions of the exterior, but not location of the filler opening.

I looked at the docs in the Specs/Docs section and none for the fuel tank.

Anyone got a drawing?

If not I can come close. Also, hoping to find another E27 on my dock with same tank I can measure.

Thanks,

Dave G

Member II
Tank Ideas

Another idea that might help is to make a card board and masking tape mock-up of your tank. I replaced the tank on my E-29 last year and used a mock-up to confirm locations of the fill hole, vent, etc. I made the new tank slightly larger and this was a foolproof way to make sure it would work.

Dave Green
E-29 Spirit
Bellingham, WA

rgoff

Member III
Dave,

GREAT idea! I'm going to do that to feel more confident about it fitting after I get it back.

Thanks,

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Tanks for Nothing!"

Hi Ralph,
I would say that the shop owes you a new tank. But that's sort of between you and them... and your attorney.... :(

As to mock-ups, that's how I made my plywood water tank mock-up for our boat. I marked all the places for outlet, vent, two inspection ports (due to the baffle in the center). Then the welder drew up his own blueprint and built it exactly to my mock-up. After some discussion of small details they built me a 38 gallon SS tank that replaced a stock Ronco 23 gallon tank in the same compartment.
I used 2X2's, light plywood, and a lot of deck screws to fab up my mock-up and kept trial fitting it in the boat. Time consuming, but the result was worthwhile to me.
Good luck on your project.
Best,
Loren

Last edited:

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Call Vic Berry Sheet Metal

Call Vic Berry Sheet Metal as they have the original drawings for an E-27 original fuel tank.

Good luck,

Mark

E-27 1136 :egrin:

Nick Reynolds

Member II
Fuel Tank

Here is a link to a fuel tank I bought through West marine: http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...1939&y=17&x=12&storeId=10001&ddkey=SiteSearch

This is an 18 gallon tank. It barely fit through the cockpit locker, and I mounted it under the cockpit, where it just barely fit. I do not have an inboard, but use this for the outboard. This was the largest tank I could find that would fit through the openings in the boat.

With my boat, 10hp 4 stroke Honda, I get just about 10 miles per gallon, which gives me a range much farther than I can probably use. If I were going to do it again, I would probably use a smaller tank, and then take along a jerry can if I needed additional range for a trip.

rgoff

Member III
Mark,

Berry Sheet Metal in Costa Mesa, CA was the shop that LOST my original tank. They couldn't find drawings for an E27, but had all the rest (Murphy strikes again).

I took the measurements for the filler "hole" position (the only critical one) from another E27 on my dock. Already had the outside dimensions. I'm supposed to pick up the tank today. Hope it fits. :)

Thanks,