• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Actual Water Tank Size E 38-200

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I am trying to figure out exactly or as close as I can, how much water tankage I have on my 1989 E 38-200. I have seen 3 different figures from the brochures and am not sure which one is correct. Right now I have the bow tank which I think is 35 gallons according to the "optional equip" list. I also have a tank in the starboard cockpit locker. I do not have the port setee tank as it was removed to make room for an AC unit. Specs say water is capacity is 62 gals in one brochure 70 in another both without the bow tank. The port tank that was removed by the PO was labeled as 40 gal, but it doesn't look quite that big to me. If it was that would mean the starboard aft tank was only 22-30 gals and that one seems bigger? I have the standard 3 degree starboard list and am thinking of trying to add a bladder tank and some ballast to the port side. I would likek to know specifically how big that aft starboard tank really is. Guess I can get a gallon jug and have at it but I fear I may drink too much beer in the process and lose count...

u079721

Contributing Partner
Confusing

I've never seen the port tank listed as anything other than 40 gallons, while I've never seen the starboard aft tank listed as anything other than 22. But my brochure gives the total without the bow tank as 60 - so go figure.

On the other hand this same brochure gives the fuel tank as 59 gallons, while the tank itself is labelled as 54. So who knows what is actually down there.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The Answer is......

Hi Ted,
Remember the old story about the mail order "guaranteed ant killing system" you could buy for only a buck (this was many decades ago...) and what the recipient got was two small blocks of wood labeled A and B, with a little piece of paper instruction that read something like: "place the ant on block A and crush with block B?"
The postal inspectors (after receiving complaints) cleared the advertiser because the ad was completely truthful.......
:)
So, when I needed to find out how much capacity I had purchased for my $700. custom SS water tank, I got a clean one-gallon plastic milk jug... and a hose with a shutoff valve at the end... and started filling the bottle and emptying it into the tank... and making a mark on my tablet for each bottle... and.... 38 marks/bottles later... knew the exact capacity.
A bit tedious, but precise.
:D

Um, well, I didn't say you'd *like* my answer!
:egrin:

Best,
Loren

Last edited: