• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Chesapeake Bay Ericson Fall Rendezvous

raleighm

Member II
I would be interested in planning a fall sail-in for Ericson sailors on the Chesapeake Bay, perhaps somewhere mid-Bay where as many as possible could make it. Are there any others who would be interested in such an event?

Please respond with ideas as to dates, locations, activities, etc. I would like to suggest that interested parties join the Ericsonsail Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ericsonsail for communication purposes. The group allows members to receive daily e-mail digests of posts rather than having to log in and search threads to get updates.

Raleigh

Emerald

Hi

are you aware that there is a CEOA rebirth meeting/party set for Saturday, June 25 at the Boatyard Bar and Grill in Eastport (Annapolis), starting at 4:30 PM?

It would be great to see you there, because what you are talking about is just the type of thing I think I and many others would like to see happen - a group of Chesapeake sailors taking it upon themselves to get together doing fun things with their boats and lending a hand and knowledge etc. to those who need it e.g. all of us.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Also depending...

Our race schedule is pretty tight (and getting tighter as I'm about to jump to a different boat than my wife, although it has nothing to do with her), but we'll definitely be there if we can!!
Chris

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
My schedule is pretty tight as well but we are leaving tomorrow for a 5 day cruise down the bay. Plan to be in Solomons for the 4th. I would be interested in a fall raft up/cruise but it would be a good idead to:

1. Plan it now
2. Use this forum for discussion instead of other groups/lists
3. Move this thread to the section dedicated to Mid Atlantic Ericsons.

Just my $.02

Ted Reshetiloff
1989 E 38-200
Sovereign Nation
Annapolis

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Good Sig...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< DON'T PANIC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Keep it simple, as simple as possible; but no simpler.

That's pretty good, Ed! :p

//sse

therapidone

Member III
about the sig

Thanks, Sean, but I can't take the credit...Einstein is to be credited for the "Keep it simple..." quote & of course, "Don't Panic" is directly out of Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." I just thought that the 2 would go well together.

Emerald

We would be interested in a Fall meeting. If folks bring their calendars, perhaps we could discuss at Shaw Bay. Eric

Put the Annapolis Sailboat Show down - October 6th - for one fall date. There have been 3 years in a row and I'd think a fourth likely. That said, I think a fall based water event would be great. Are there enough of us that are old enough to tie something to the Good Old Boat Regatta a bit later in the month, or is Sepember better? Thinking out loud...

glen_dc

Member II
I'm in.

No tough racing schedule. Bought E-29 last Saturday, my very first boat, hardly can sail so I guess no tough racing schedule in the foreseeable future and plenty of time to attend rendezvous' s provided it's sailable (for me) distance from the Severn River (well, Magothy to be exact).

P.S.

Captain wanted, some previous experience nice to have. The boat, crew and drinks provided.

steven

Sustaining Member
We missed the summer event due to last minute unexpected work stuff. Will really try to make it in the fall - any time after mid Sept will probably work for us (but we're going to haul relatively early this year).

Also: we'll be at the boat show - probably by land - and would like to meet there (same place as last year?).