• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1973 E25 Specs

Brian Lowman

Member II
Hmmm, I have just found out via the Ericson Library website that my 1973, 25 Ericson has a beam of 5 feet. Pretty narrow for a 25 footer and it sure seems a lot wider than that. I have seen various documents at this site and others that list the beam anywhere from 5' to 9.5'.

I am in the continuing and enjoyable process of rebuilding Gypsy Rose and would like to have the real 1973 specs and deck layout (such as did it come with the two speed Barients and internal halyards now on it. Can the centerboard pin be replaced from the inside or outside?). Can anyone tell me where to find the accurate specs or do I need to compile all of the brochures, manuals, etc. and make a best guess?

Thanks,
Brian Lowman
s/v Gypsy Rose

soup1438

Member II
Beam of E-25 (not "plus")

Looking at the owners manual for the E-25 found in the Specs & Documents here, the beam is 8'0". I've got a 1974 E-25 myself and, yes, 5' would seem unlikely.

Go out and download the owner's manual for the E-25 and enjoy.

gjersvik

Member II
Brian Lowman said:
I am in the continuing and enjoyable process of rebuilding Gypsy Rose and would like to have the real 1973 specs and deck layout (such as did it come with the two speed Barients and internal halyards now on it. Can the centerboard pin be replaced from the inside or outside?). Can anyone tell me where to find the accurate specs or do I need to compile all of the brochures, manuals, etc. and make a best guess?

Brian:
Congratulations on your "new" boat! In answer to some of your questions: The centerboard pin is on the outside of the hull forward of keel well. It is held in place with two screws on one side. As for the deck layout, my '73 has external halyards. My layout is now completely different than when I bought the boat last year because I've led all the lines aft to the cockpit, added rope clutches and replaced the traveler. This was done to improve the boat and make it easier and safer to sail.

Out of curiosity, do you have the HIN number? Based on my HIN, my boat is hull number 81. I'm curious to see how close our boats are.

Brian Lowman

Member II
Her hull ID number is ERY25X52M73H, so I assume that she is hull number 52. It is nice to own such a beautiful, well built and easily sailed vessel.

Thanks for all of the replies. I have downloaded the online doc's in the past, but am still searching for anything else that will help define her original condition. Winches, cleats and lines are my main concerns.

Thanks again,

Brian Lowman
S/V Gypsy Rose

Paul Scotford

Inactive Member
Beam

I made the same mistake, a docking slip came available and ended up losing the slip because i took the beam off of the spec sheet of 9'3". i was finally able to get out to the boat yesterday and measure the beam myself and found that it was 8'. Sleepless Dream is also a 73 e-25 Hull#ERY25X59M73H

Last edited:

Seth

Sustaining Partner
25 specs

Congrats on the boat, Brian!

Some of things you are asking for cannot be found in the specs, since they were different from boat to boat. I am speaking of things like 2 speed winches, internal or external halyard, size of outboard engine, etc.
We built these boats "to order" in terms of these things. Yes, there was a "base boat", but most had some combination of options that would make each deck layout a bit different (halyards led aft, or not, etc.).

The things you will get from the specs are the dimensions and weights(add 10% for a more realistic base weight, and note that this is with empty tanks, usually without the rig, but not always), no engine (if you have an outboard), and no gear inside. The "manual" if you can find one, will have maintenance items such as centerboard pin access, etc.

Good luck!

S

Seth

Sustaining Partner
25 specs

Congrats on the boat, Brian!

Some of things you are asking for cannot be found in the specs, since they were different from boat to boat. I am speaking of things like 2 speed winches, internal or external halyard, size of outboard engine, etc.
We built these boats "to order" in terms of these things. Yes, there was a "base boat", but most had some combination of options that would make each deck layout a bit different (halyards led aft, or not, etc.).

The things you will get from the specs are the dimensions and weights(add 10% for a more realistic base weight, and note that this is with empty tanks, usually without the rig, but not always), no engine (if you have an outboard), and no gear inside. The "manual" if you can find one, will have maintenance items such as centerboard pin access, etc.

Good luck!

S