• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Replacement Spreader Boots

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
I asked about these in another post but was hoping I would have better luck with the title line... Attached is a picture of what I have and am looking for. So far the only ones I have seen for sale that look like they might be suitable replacements are the canvas type with a strap and buckle and possibly one of the leather kits you sew on yourself. I would really like to find ones like the originals as they are a very nice fit and allow for multiple shrouds passing through the spreader. I may just end up reusing these if it comes to it although a few are rather worn. Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Spreader boot.jpg
    Spreader boot.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 301

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Once again answering my own posts... Charleston Spars look them up online. They have these little gemstones. Call them and they will send. Also spoke to rigrite today. A week later they finally called me back about my inquiry for an OEM mast boot. They have 2 in stock at $79. This is for the E 38-200 1989. My mast is up, I used a universal boot from SSI, $25 at Fawcetts in Annapolis...

u079721

Contributing Partner
ted_reshetiloff said:
Once again answering my own posts... Charleston Spars look them up online. They have these little gemstones. Call them and they will send. Also spoke to rigrite today. A week later they finally called me back about my inquiry for an OEM mast boot. They have 2 in stock at $79. This is for the E 38-200 1989. My mast is up, I used a universal boot from SSI, $25 at Fawcetts in Annapolis...

Ted, is that $79 EACH??!! I mean, I've heard of nautical dollars not buying much, but that's ridiculous for a bit of molded PVC.

Mine were beginning to show their age too, but while I rarely spared an expense for the boat, I would not have been able to justify those at that price.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
$79 was from rigrite for the mast boot where it goes through the deck. I have not yet called charleston spars for the price on the spreader boots. I just know they stock the oem style.