• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Attn Sean Re: head project

hathanger

Member II
Hi Sean, I have a couple of questions for you. Loved your project notes and pictures on the head replacement. I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I must have a 35-3. It was built in 1984 and has the specs of the 3. None of my paperwork states it though. Did your vent from the holding tank come out the side or the top of the tank? Also, I know the original tank in the 3 was a 25 gallon tank. Can one like the original be bought? Also now that it's said and done, would you do anything differant if you had to do it all over again (the head project that is)? I think this site is great, especially since I'm a first time boat owner and love Ericsons.
Thanks, Chip

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
More Holding Tank Fun...

Hi Chip -

Yeah, you can still get the original tank design with the wing - but that design is a bad one - the wing itself is not properly supported, and with a loaded tank, stresses from hoses, and for the added one gallon of capacity you gain, you also risk picking up a premature failure (read: cracking of the tank and leakage into your bilge).

Ronco themselves suggested the B192 to avoid this. With the removal of that wing, you also get nice little storage space for um, 'related' accessories.

Contact Ronco (http://www.ronco-plastics.com/) and tell them what you've got - they'll tell you all about it (I've totally forgotten the name of the fellow there I talked to).

Also, as I'm sure you've read, you really should consider putting a Beckson 6" clear port in the top of the tank so you can get in there and hose it out every year. Also - check the inlet, put a filter on it, and ensure that you can blow out the system with fresh water, etc.

Thanks for the comments on the site - it's appreciated.

//sse