• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"Hot Yachts, Cold Water"

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
For those willing to dip their toes into Sailing Anarchy.... someone has just posted a link to a copy of "Hot Yachts, Cold Water", Warren Miller's classic docu-comedy from the heyday of early-80s sailboat racing (from Lasers to big-boats)

Jump to about 8:30 for the beginning of a segment that features a bunch of Ericsons racing in SoCal. (apparently there used to be an all-Ericson regatta every year in King Harbor... who knew?)

ETA: plus a nice segment on Bruce King's IOR game-changing "Hawkeye"...

Enjoy!

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/in...-vintage-warren-miller-hot-yachts-cold-water/

Last edited:

fool

Member III
Hilarious narration. Reminds me of On Any Sunday, a similar style documentary on motorcycle racing.

Thanks for the link. I'm off to find my knee length socks and short shorts.

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Yup, this is definitely fun to watch! Some very good sailors, narrated by a knowledgeable and fun-loving sailing expert. Especially good on a cold winter night, for someone whose boat is laid up for winter, just to keep in touch with saililng. I think I'll go sailing again in a few days before I miss it too much! :)
Frank

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Thanks for that. Finally figured out how to throw YouTube onto the big screen in the living room :egrin:
But the back half of that film made me sad that I sold the Hobie 16... Maybe I’ll pick up a used windsurfer for xxxmas. Kid are throwing away anything that doesn’t foil...

David Grimm

E38-200
Typical 26 degree weekend morning here in NY. I woke up at 5am flipped through the usual news apps on my phone and the Eyo. Having watched Warren Miller ski videos over and over as a kid I leaped out of bed and flew down to the family TV like a kid on Christmas. Coffee cookies and cast my phone to the set. In minutes I was in sunny California. Thank you for the post!