• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30+ Whisker Pole

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
I am currently researching a whisker pole for Discovery (1983 E30+), brand new they run about 1 boat buck so if anyone has an unused one lying about, let me know please.

To this point, I have not found one looking at used boat equipment sites.
I consider this necessary for plans to head down the East coast and back in 2020.

MJS

Information Source: https://www.forespar.com/whisker2011.shtml
Boat TypeJWhisker PoleSpinnaker PoleCarbon Spinnaker PolePadeye or Mast Car?T-Track?
Ericson 30+12.2LC 10-18, #401106UXP-250-UXP, #304104UXP-300-UXP, #800201Padeye #400002.NO

<tbody>
</tbody>

David Grimm

E38-200
Look at my last post. Would the pole in the photo work for you? My friend is selling it. Unfortunately the pole is in NY.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Hi David,

Unfortunately, I do not have a truck to pickup the whisker pole, or the where with all to make a purchase and have a trucking company pick it up and deliver.

Thank you for the information

Mark Soule

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Best Deal Available December 2019

Bacon Sails, Annapolis Maryland

Hi Mark,

Our price of $1087, has the shipped cost of it being shipped from California, to our store for purchase, included in the price. If you were to go to Defender and Vela, both would charge you LTL freight, which would up the price significantly.
Our prices were set, to include the shipping to our store (as we stock them ), so customers may find we do indeed have the best pricing on Forespar.

However since the Holidays are Upon us, I’ll take 5% off our retail price. Which would bring it to around $1,033.00.
I believe we have one in stock on the floor.

Let me know if you decide to go with it so I can let the front desk know about the 5% discount.

Cheers!

-Stevie L.
Bacon Sails & Marine Supplies

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ways and Means

Over the years, we have moved poles of various kinds by car -- padded & strapped to a roof rack or a ski rack.
If the distance requires, just plan a night at a local "motel 6.2" at minimal cost. ;)
Compared to commercial trucking this is usually lots less expensive. And, then there is the adventure of a 'Road Trip' !

If you know an owner-driver in the trucking industry, he/she might add it to a load. :)