• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

EY.c Future: FAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
EY.c Site Status FAQs

- As of December 22nd, 2004 -

Instructions:

These are answers to similar questions lots of people are asking me right now.

Please take a moment and review these questions to see if any are yours.
Then, go to the following announcement(s) and threads.​

__________________________________​

I'm new to the site - who exactly are you?

My name is Sean Engle. I built and founded this site back in 2000 when I purchased my Ericson 35-3. I have returned to this site (to solve problems) several times since turning it over to Pacific Seacraft Corporation in late 2003.

I tried to get onto EricsonYachts.com within the last week and could not - what happened?

Basically, the story is that Pacific Seacraft Corporation (PSC) - the company responsible for EY.c was not paying their bill with Pair Networks, Inc - the company that actually hosts the site. After 44 days of nonpayment, Pair shut down the site, and was about to pull the plug. I paid PSC's bill with my personal credit card, and had the site reopened.

I see you asking for money - both from members here and those on Sailnet's Ericson Mail List - why?

See above - I paid PSC's bill myself with my personal credit card. I am a graduate student at the University of Washington - I am tuition-poor these days, and cannot afford to pay for these things myself. So, I am asking the Ericson family to step up to the plate.

The site is running again - does that mean you don't need the money I pledged?

No. If you pledged money, PLEASE send it in to the address at the bottom of this screen. Otherwise, the site will not be able to continue operate, etc.

Will the money I pledge now keep the site running forever?

No. If you pledged money, those funds are being used to keep the site operational only during this temporary phase while we decide what to do and then do it.

Where can I find out what you plan to do with this site in the long run?

Read the announcements and threads in this forum marked 'EY.c Future:' - all information will be kept in this forum. You can also email me (click here for that) directly if you have something specific to ask; but please review the info in this forum first - as I have 1200 people asking me very similar questions and am very busy, etc.

If you turned the site over to Pacific Seacraft in 2003, how can you being involved in it now?

Very good question. Our attorney(s) are looking at that very issue right now.

If you're from PSC, or represent PSC, and want to ask me that, you're very welcome to email me as well (click here for that).

What do I do now?

Hit your 'Back' button, and then through the other announcements and polls in this forum and get involved.

Address for Donations:

------------------------------

Sean Shannon Engle

Post Office Box 16482

Seattle, WA 98116

------------------------------

~ Thanks for your support! ~​

Status
Not open for further replies.