• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E34-2 water tank selection valves

dekel

Hello.

A few weeks ago I bought a 1989 E34-2 so the boat is new to me. I am trying to find the fresh water valves that select which of the three water tanks (port, starboard, bow) feeds into the pressure pump, but I cannot find them anywhere. The manual says that there should be 3 valves under the galley, but believe me, I looked. The only non thru-hull and non-drain valves under the galley are the hot and cold water valves. Any ideas where to look? I already looked in every opening that does not require screws but still couldn't find them (I did not open the screws above the port and starboard tanks, so perhaps the valves are there, but I doubt someone would place them in such an unreachable place),
I will also note that I have a refrigerator unit installed under the sink (tuck to the right, about 1/2 inch from the starboard wall of the galley cabinet) so perhaps that installation caused some changes in the plumbing.
Need to find those valves before winter comes, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
- Aviv,
1989 E34-2.

dekel

Thanks Loren. The picture in that thread shows the vavles manifold under the galley sink. That's exactly where I was expecting to find it. Unfortunately it does not exist under my galley sink. I womder where else could it be...

JSM

Member III
On my 87 E34-2 the valves are located on the starboard panel under the galley sink hiding up near the counter. You almost have to be down on your knees to see them. You may or may not have a third tank in the bow as it was optional. If you haven't been there yet click on the downloads and galleries tab and you can download an owners manual for the E34.

dekel

Ok, mystery solved. It was behind the fridge unit that was installed (by one of th prev owners, i guess) under the sink. It is not immediately visible but now that I know where to look I can fairly easily reach the valves. Weird location, but oh well.

HerbertFriedman

Member III
sounds like a weird place to put the refrigerator compressor unit. My compressor is located on the other side of the bulkhead, i.e. you get to it by removing the wood access hatch just under the seat just on the forward of the sink.