• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 38-200; 1989 for sale in Boston.

Bhalderman

Bhalderman
sarah 2.jpgIMG_1251 (002).jpg
Beautifully maintained
Many upgrades
new main sail, electric flush head, new Awl grip, new radar, new fuel tank,
$69,000
reply for more info and contact

Attachments

• sarah.jpg
    sarah.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 345

Bhalderman

Bhalderman
Keel

Yes - It is a swept wing keel

Some additional info not in the listing:

New Main Sail – 2017
Cruising 110 Genoa inspected by sailmaker 2019
New Millar Marine full winter canvas cover with frame - 2014
New Awl grip – 2016
New fuel tank – 2018
New Raritan Sea Era electric flush macerator toilet – 2016
New Furuno radar – 2019
New Garmin touch screen GPS – 2014
Auto pilot rebuilt – 2016
Mast unstopped and rig inspected 2017 – all suggested rigging replacement/repairs made at that time
New cockpit cushions 2016
Raw water heat exchange pulled, cleaned, and serviced 2018
Solar panel and regulator added 2018
3 new AGM batteries 2018
New raw water pump installed 2019
Pedestal steering re-built 2018

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Bhalderman,

She is a beautiful boat. If she is still available in October, I would like to make a visit when I return to Mass.

Mark "Soujleman" Soule

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Was thinking of traveling to Boston to look at this boat but I think travel from PA is restricted with a 14 day quarantine. At least that’s what I was told. True?

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Bob,
I hail from the Boston area and there is a quarantine. PA is included. State Police were deployed at the major border highways a few weeks ago, I do not know the situation at this moment regarding highway checks.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Bob,
I hail from the Boston area and there is a quarantine. PA is included. State Police were deployed at the major border highways a few weeks ago, I do not know the situation at this moment regarding highway checks.

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Thanks for the confirmation of what I’ve been told. Did write to the broker for any additional photos they may have. Just looking at the present time and want to just step aboard a 38 to see how it “feels”. Yes, it’s a larger version of my E32-3, I know, but I think it’s more then just that point. Totally happy with my present boat but....we’ll...you know how it is, I think all of us continue to look at other boats even after we have one we’re happy with.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Bob,
If you want to get a "feel" for the 38, there is a nice specimen in solomons island. I have the contact information if you want. Note: The owner has a camera on board to note when people are around.

Also, I have a very nice E30+ that I have restored. Nice for weekends and coastal trips. However, if I had the money I would trade up to the 38 and use it as a live aboard in retirement.
Someday.....

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Bob,
If you want to get a "feel" for the 38, there is a nice specimen in solomons island. I have the contact information if you want. Note: The owner has a camera on board to note when people are around.

Also, I have a very nice E30+ that I have restored. Nice for weekends and coastal trips. However, if I had the money I would trade up to the 38 and use it as a live aboard in retirement.
Someday.....

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Actually I’ve been in contact with the owner via email of that boat in Solomons and we were suppose to look at it today but....he won’t tell me where the boat is docked and seems reluctant to show it. ????? Sent him several emails but no responses any longer so we’re giving up on him. Got that “red flag” feeling about it. There will be other opportunities to see an E-38 for sure. I actually would prefer to get aboard a 38 that isn’t for sale an talk with the owner. Still too happy with our 32 but we keep on looking for fun and maybe future ownership. Heading out this morning to be on the boat and take her out for a few days to who knows where on the bay this week.

gstepler

Member I
Bob,

I live and work in the Boston area, and have included a link below for the latest travel restrictions from Mass.gov (which were effective Aug 1st). I sold my E25 to a fellow forum member last week, and he traveled from out of state to inspect and return home with it. He brought an HD rental pickup with Ohio plates, but don't believe he caught any flack or side-eye the day and a half he was in MA. My quick read is you could qualify for the "Transitory" exemption, but that's subjective. I'm looking to move up to a bigger boat, but this one is too nice for me (read: out of my price range). Let me know if there is anything a "local" can help with if you contemplate the trip.

Best,
Greg

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Are you the owner or just letting Ericson owners know about this boat?

Bob -

If you want to do some hunting with the phone or driving locally, last Fall there was a 38 on the hard available for purchase at one of the smaller marinas between Route 50 and Glenn Burnie - I just don't remember which one I saw it at. I was told it's in "OK shape" with an owner who sometimes puts it on Craigslist as a FSBO and that he hasn't had it in the water in the last couple of years. I had the number and just looked but no longer do. As you come in the marina entrance it's immediately to the right with the nose in the shadow of some trees and not very conspicuous because of the boats on either side.

Bob

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Actually I’ve been in contact with the owner via email of that boat in Solomons and we were suppose to look at it today but....he won’t tell me where the boat is docked and seems reluctant to show it. ????? Sent him several emails but no responses any longer so we’re giving up on him. Got that “red flag” feeling about it. There will be other opportunities to see an E-38 for sure. I actually would prefer to get aboard a 38 that isn’t for sale an talk with the owner. Still too happy with our 32 but we keep on looking for fun and maybe future ownership. Heading out this morning to be on the boat and take her out for a few days to who knows where on the bay this week.

UPDATE: Just before we left our house in PA to go to our boat in Annapolis I received an email from the owner of the boat in Solomons apologizing about not returning my emails. Turns out he’s been doing a motorcycle rode trip. But he did give me permission to go aboard, notified the marina of my arrival and gave me the combination to the lock.

MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF THE E38 (Not this particular boat): I’ve never been aboard a E38 before. Having owned our E32-3 (1987) for over 12 years I first noticed that the E38 is a bit bigger. Duh! I know but it didn’t seem as big as I expected. Compared to my E32 the galley is much larger, the beam is noticeably bigger below deck, there is a real aft cabin with door and bunk that can sleep two good friends and the V birth is wider. Also there is the separate shower which is nice. Truly a great boat a little bigger and a little nicer then my E32, but it didn’t “wow” my wife and I. We liked it but it just doesn’t feel like getting that little bit bigger/better is worth the many steps involved to moving to a E38. Especially since we do like our current boat very much and it’s setup just about where we want it. Does this preclude us looking at larger boats, including E38s? Definitely not but this experience didn’t motivate me like I thought it might.

ABOUT THE BOAT WE SAW: The Solomons boat is in good shape, especially the new cabin teak and holly deck. All screwed down and that’s something I want to to on my E32. There are things on the boat that just didn’t meet my idea of the correct way of doing things. These are “after market” modifications and repairs but this is not a critique but more of an observation. I won’t list them here because they are mostly personal preferences and we all have our own ways of doing things. If you’re looking for an E38 then this one is definitely a possibility and I would recommend seeing it. FYI: The owner lives in Colorado.