• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

EY-built Olson 911 SE, in Vancouver BC

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to the site!
:egrin:
That's a way-cool design, but then I would say that.
Put some photos in your album here when you can.

Slick470

Member III
Welcome over here too Chad. Between here and our Olson 911 FB group, hopefully you'll find all the answers you need. Ericson used a lot of common parts between our Olsons and the rest of the similar vintage Ericson designs. Loren is a great resource too. He has an Olson 34 and has done a lot with it.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Not to be nosy. What did the owner ask for $wise? I need a few "comps" as I am looking at a 911 right now.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Not to be nosy. What did the owner ask for $wise? I need a few "comps" as I am looking at a 911 right now.
Yacht brokers have access to the "sold boat" list, but for low production boats there are never going to be enough transactions to establish much of a trend. Consider my model -- there were 39 produced. There were even less of the E-33RH model. Also, it's not unusual for the more-desirable and rarer model boats to be owned for 20+ years by the same person.
My price guess: anywhere from 25K to 50K. Everything depends on condition and how much preventative *maintenance was continuously performed.
(No matter how good the underlying build quality was, all systems have a life span. My $ range may seem large, but consider that a new drive train, standing rig, and sail suite will add up to about 30K, give or take. Interior plumbing and tankage systems will take less gross parts replacement dollars, but a lot of labor will be required if this stuff has been neglected. It ends up being your time or your money. (The good news is that the high end boats are worth the effort.)

*While rare for an owner to have done everything to his/her boat to maintain it 'like new' I actually know of at least 5 in our club that have had 100K restorations or continuous major $ upgrades done. Out of 150 boats, that is statistically not a lot.... :(

Chadholcomb

He asked $29500 cad I got it for $24500 cad. It needs a lot of love. I actually had a sold boat list but I erased the email. By Buddy has a yacht broker friend that he got it from. As Loren said prices were all over the place. I don’t remember exactly what I paid in US dollars because the exchange rate changes daily it was in the $17500 range. I think I paid a little to much for what it needs but I think I got a good deal for what I got if that makes sense. There is a Olson 911 Facebook page that might be more helpful then me.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Thanks so much. Loren and Chad. Exactly what I have seen out there... dollar value has so many variables with boats. Condition, equipment, maintenance, boat model, year, location all have a cost to consider. I have an accepted offer for a 911SE in really good shape and well maintained. I want to sea trial the boat but the shelter-at-home is keeping us from going further. One of my favorite aspects of this boat is that it is still and Ericson.