• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bow Locker Drain Question E38

Theanswer

Member I
We have a 1982 E38. The bow locker has a single 3/8" drain that runs from the front of the locker, and to an outlet inside the chain locker along the bow just above the water line. This 3/8" clear PVC hosing was connected to a copper elbow that was embedded into the fiberglass of the boat at the bow. Not a good design as the copper elbow broke. I'd like to replace the drain line with a bit more substantial line, maybe 5/8"?

Wondered if anyone had any solutions they have used? One thought was to plug the original hole and to install two drain lines on the port and starboard side of the locker that drained to the port and startboard, maybe a foot above the waterline. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If the original tube in the stem is useless now, I'd drill it out and glass in a new one.

A little awkward working through the V-berth door, and might need some creative maneuvering.

Is a larger hose necessary? Mine works fine, although we don't get mud in the chain locker here.

E38 anchor locker.jpg