Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is this hatch trim material called / sourced?

  1. #1
    Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm Geoff W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Seattle, WA
    Blog Entries

    What is this hatch trim material called / sourced?

    Hi all,

    In my hopes for an "easy one", I'd like to replace this shrunken / cracked fake wood trim material in the hatches. Anyone know what it's called / where I can find simple replacement?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191001_090956.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	27834Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191001_091003.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	27835
    s/v "Delightful"
    1987 E32-3
    Hull #712

  2. #2
    Moderator Christian Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Los Angeles
    Blog Entries
    It's called plastic T-molding, widely available. For example,

    Instead of "teak", I chose white. It matches the gelcoat, not the trim, and to my eye looks less artificial.

    I forget the measurements, but compare what you have to the several sizes available.
    Thelonious II, E381 hull 513 (1984) Universal 5432
    Table of Contents for Thelonious Blog here

  3. #3
    Principal Partner Tom Metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Clifton Park, NY
    It's called 'T molding' or 'Tee moulding' by Outwater Plastics where I bought it years ago. I believe what I bought was 3/4" teak wood grain:

    I either bought 25 feet or I bought more and sold the rest on this site. I can't remember. The web site says it is only available in 250 ft coils. I would talk to them to see what kind of deal you can make with them. Other people on the list have gotten non-standard orders on extrusions from them.

    The other useful product they have is sliding cabinet door track.
    Tom Metzger
    E-34 Xanthus

  4. 10-01-2019, 05:57 PM

  5. #4
    Contributing Partner
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Annapolis area
    RV repair places sometimes carry it.

Similar Threads

  1. Hatch Plastic Trim
    By Neil Gallagher in forum Maintenance & Mechanical
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2018, 08:18 AM
  2. What is this exhaust part called?
    By markvone in forum Maintenance & Mechanical
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 01:54 PM
  3. Wet core material
    By edokarura in forum Maintenance & Mechanical
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 09:10 AM
  4. Looking for Faux Teak Hatch Trim
    By Scott Reed in forum Maintenance & Mechanical
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 09:15 PM
  5. Strut Material
    By scourge in forum Maintenance & Mechanical
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts