• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

screen "door"

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Over the past several jaunts, I've realized I had a problem. With a solid hatch-board, I basically have to choose between air-flow at night, or privacy.

I fussed around a bit last weekend with some stuff I had in the garage, and came up with a "screen door" that slips into the hatch-board grooves. Basically a couple of square feet of UV "privacy" screen left over from a home project, a couple of scraps of 3/4" schedule-40 PVC pipe, and some double-sided tape. No fittings or mods to the boat, just two lengths of PVC, one piece that fits snugly into the top of the hatchboard slot, one that fits into the bottom of the slot. top piece is effectively held in the slot by the aft edge of the slider.

Works great so far. Fills the opening and is semi-opaque from the outside, allows breeze to come through the boat, and rolls up into an easy-to-stow roll when not in use. "helps" to keep mosquitoes out, too, although they can still find their way in through deck hatches...

screen door.jpg