• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Another outboard...

CPeregord

Sailing Reckless
So I'm reading this thread to see how to mount an outboard on the back and now I'm thinking it's nearly impossible or just shouldn't be done:confused:
I have a 35markll with an inboard Atomic 4. I have been working on this engine for 2 seasons now and just when I think she's almost running great....yesterday the head gasket blew:mad: but that is an issue that I will discuss next with my buddies at Moyer marine.
I will eventually get the engine sorted out but as a back up I wanted to mount a small outboard to the back. I've seen them mounted to these old boats on some kind of drop down bracket. Is this doable? I'd just really like to be able to move the boat around the marina without asking for a tow:(

CPeregord

Sailing Reckless
Try lashing the dinghy to the side of the boat. That usually works to get from Point A to Point B.

I'm trying to avoid asking anyone to help me move this thing but it looks as though I'm going to have no choice. Seems like a bad idea for me to be down in a dinghy pushing this boat around the marina by myself:boohoo:

I'd better get cracking on this old engine!

Thanks for your quick reply Christian:D

steven

Sustaining Member
I replaced the head and related gaskets on my A4 a couple years ago.
Really helped. Moyer was very helpful.

gabriel

Live free or die hard
I replaced the head and related gaskets on my A4 a couple years ago.
Really helped. Moyer was very helpful.

out of curiosity, your lower end didn't need any work? my experience has always been that blown head gaskets were a symptom of a worn lower but right now i have a non marine engine that seems like just that.

steven

Sustaining Member
replaced the head because spark plug well rusted through.
no damage on block surface below.
between head and block, used double gasket from Moyer with no sealant as recommended.

--Steve

Sailingfun

Member III
between head and block, used double gasket from Moyer with no sealant as recommended.

--Steve

I'm gathering all parts for head replacement. Will send injectors to overhaul too.
I hope valve are in good shape.
First time I hear about put 2 head gasket.

gabriel

Live free or die hard

--Steve

you doubled on the head gasket? why?