• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

25 + Mast 1983

Brad Johnson

Member III
I am in need of information for the Gooseneck to mast connection, does anyone know the mast manufacture, I thought it was Keyton, but after the confersation I had today with a mast supplier I am really at a loss

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
if it is original, highly likely it is Kenyon.

RigRite may have a part-number (with picture), the odds they'll actually have one for sale are pretty low but at least it'll be info...

Edited to Add: looks like the Kenyon "D" section was used for the E-25+

https://rigrite.com/Spars/Kenyon_Spars/D-boom.php

Bruce

Last edited:

markvone

Sustaining Member
My early 1984 E26 (basically a slightly modified 25+ (deck, interior) with a new model name) had the Kenyon mast. The gooseneck looked like the D section parts in the Rig-rite link Bruce posted.

Also consider having a welder or rigger custom make any pieces you may need. The actual Kenyon pieces would be the cheapest and easiest way to go IF they were still in business but getting Rig-rite to custom make them can be slower and more expensive than someone else custom making them. Rig-rite has some pieces in stock for only slightly ridiculous prices but other stuff they just custom make for REALLY ridiculous prices. I got a set of stainless mast gate plates fairly quickly for not so bad price ($20-30 if I recall), that they had in stock. A single Griot opening port lens (4 x 13 inches x 3/16 thick) acrylic piece was $130. I cut all 4 lenses from a piece of grey cast acrylic I got on Ebay for $20.

So, check Rig-rite but consider a local custom maker if the price seems crazy.

Mark

nquigley

Sustaining Member
My early 1984 E26 (basically a slightly modified 25+ (deck, interior) with a new model name) had the Kenyon mast. The gooseneck looked like the D section parts in the Rig-rite link Bruce posted.

Also consider having a welder or rigger custom make any pieces you may need. The actual Kenyon pieces would be the cheapest and easiest way to go IF they were still in business but getting Rig-rite to custom make them can be slower and more expensive than someone else custom making them. Rig-rite has some pieces in stock for only slightly ridiculous prices but other stuff they just custom make for REALLY ridiculous prices. I got a set of stainless mast gate plates fairly quickly for not so bad price ($20-30 if I recall), that they had in stock. A single Griot opening port lens (4 x 13 inches x 3/16 thick) acrylic piece was $130. I cut all 4 lenses from a piece of grey cast acrylic I got on Ebay for $20.

So, check Rig-rite but consider a local custom maker if the price seems crazy.

Mark

+1 on checking into local fabrication. Rig Rite wanted $399 for a mast tang from their Kenyon parts catalog (6-8 weeks for delivery). I got a local shop to make it for me, along with a pair of custom-made ss mast-mounting winch pads, for $450.

Brad Johnson

Member III
It was Rig rite that I talked to and I wanted to send a picture to them but they would have no part of that , I have studied there catalog and the fitting is different than the keyton parts they have , I will get some one to made me what I need . Thanks for the responces.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I'm at a loss too

I've spent quite a bit of time on rigrite's page looking through mast and boom profiles, but nothing seems to match. My gooseneck hasn't broken yet, but it doesn't look good. Here's some close up pics from the boat today20191010_171223.jpg20191010_170940.jpg

Brad Johnson

Member III
I ended up buying a eye bolt and drilling the lower portion of the gooseneck attachment that was welded the the mast, Rig Rite was less than helpful, Put a shackle thru the eye to clew ring on main, all fixed $25.00. The set up looks just lie yours