• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Accounts (Legitimate New Accounts)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
If you or someone you know wants to join the site, please have them email us via the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of this page.

I have suspended self-registration until we get a better handle on these Russian hackers who don't appear to have anything better to do than bother sailboat owners...

:esad:

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Leak Has Stopped -- for Now

With the closure of the Registration module, the account attacks have ceased - for the moment.

I'll be upgrading the software very soon and that will buy us some time before we began the migration to a new platform...

//sse

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Self Registration Resumed

With the upgrades this weekend and the added security certificate on our domain, I have resumed the self-registration - as a test - although I still hand-approve each applicant - until I can see how much of the code is vulnerable.

If you see some odd activity or posts from an entity which you feel is likely not legit, please feel free to report it to a moderator or via the 'Contact Us' link below.

Thanks,
//sse

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
And.... No.

With the upgrades this weekend and the added security certificate on our domain, I have resumed the self-registration - as a test - although I still hand-approve each applicant - until I can see how much of the code is vulnerable.

If you see some odd activity or posts from an entity which you feel is likely not legit, please feel free to report it to a moderator or via the 'Contact Us' link below.

Thanks,
//sse

In the 12 hours since I re=enabled registrations - we've had more than 40 fake accounts created.

All new accounts will be manually input from here forward - and we will move the schedule forward for migration to the new platform. :esad:

//sse

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
fwiw, I'm a moderator on www.yamahasupertenere.com and some months ago we moved from Simple Machines to Xenforo. We still occasionally have a hacker get through but it has been FAR better than with Simple Machines.

Moving over did have a lot of complications in breaking links from within threads and with photos.

Good luck with the move.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
fwiw, I'm a moderator on www.yamahasupertenere.com and some months ago we moved from Simple Machines to Xenforo. We still occasionally have a hacker get through but it has been FAR better than with Simple Machines.

Moving over did have a lot of complications in breaking links from within threads and with photos.

Good luck with the move.

Ah, music to my ears....

https://www.ericsonyachts.org/ie/index.php

Rather interesting - the guys who own Xenforo are the original guys from vBulletin - back when it was Jelsoft and we were one of the new groups willing to give them a try... They sold and Internet Brands bought it - and have run it downhill - so yes, that is where we are heading.... Quite the pain in the bottom moving over there - but it will well be worth it!

Oh - and you may have just ID'ed yourself as a future moderator here! :egrin:

//sse

Last edited: