• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2020 NW Rendezvous Location

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Thanks, Shannon. Yes, it is exciting for us, as we were especially hopeful for another child for my daughter. However, we will then have seven grandchildren along with our four married adult children, so our lives will continue to be very busy. However, I still do make time for sailing, though of course, kids and grandkids do come first if something comes up. :oops:

This next grandchild will be born in Alberta, where my daughter and her husband live, so having the rendezvous in Nanaimo won't help in this case, but thanks for the thought. :oops:

Frank

Teranodon

Member III

Port Sidney Marina -
June 12, June 26, July 10, July 17

Our Sailing Club went to Port Sidney last summer, and everyone liked the marina and the town. The main attraction was the aquarium, which is only a block away from the port. I'm sort of an aquarium junkie, and have visited many all over the world (including Sydney, Australia). This one features Puget Sound fauna exclusively, and gets five stars. One thing I liked is how they treat their Pacific Octopus captives: they only keep the poor beast for a few months, then let it go back into the Sound. The other destinations (Genoa Bay, etc.) are great, too, but how about Victoria itself? It's a wonderful city.