• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

I couldn’t help but stare

Ed Valente

Member II
I saw this in the boat yard today. Rendered me speechless.

Attachments

• 0FA8FA36-8D34-4BCA-B5C7-854F481FA5E5.jpg
    0FA8FA36-8D34-4BCA-B5C7-854F481FA5E5.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 285

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Reminds me of the cows they have at veterinary schools with the windows mounted on their stomachs.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Nice fitment of square portlights in the oval openings.

And I've always wanted a convertible.....

Last edited:

kapnkd

kapnkd
I saw this in the boat yard today. Rendered me speechless.

There ought to be a law category for sure! ...Saw this E-32 one day a couple years back when sailing in Tampa Bay. Look close, the whole main salon cabin top is removed!

Definitely the “WTF” category!

Attachments

• 0F102C35-D7BA-4FE4-BA7E-B3CEA532ADA5.jpg
    0F102C35-D7BA-4FE4-BA7E-B3CEA532ADA5.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 220

kapnkd

kapnkd
maybe the boat belongs to someone who is handicap.

Interesting thought but what purpose would the removal of the cabin top serve, especially with regards to safety of keeping the boat from filling with waters in adverse conditions?

kapnkd

kapnkd
Maybe they were live-aboards who were in the process of repairing wet core?

Hi Brian,

Not so sure as it is better to remove only the underside to get at the bad coring thus preserving the overall integrity of the deck areas. This looks more like an attempt to turn the main salon into a convertible of sorts. I fear for the overall strength and integrity of the vessel as to what they have done.

Wish they were members of EYO so we could get an explanation...:cool:

MarineCityBrian

Apprentice Tinkerer
kapnkd,
Totally...I was just being facetious. :egrin:
I'm in the final stages of repairing around 17 ft^2 of deck coring (around the mast and Dorade area) and did it per the process you described (topsides and non-skid stay intact, remove and repair/reglass coring from below). Getting ready to apply the 2nd layer of bi-axial glass to the inside today. I will write about my experiences soon, but will wait to ensure the soundness of the repair first. Maybe a fall or late summer post...
Learning A LOT along the way. :)

kapnkd

kapnkd
kapnkd,
Totally...I was just being facetious. :egrin:
I'm in the final stages of repairing around 17 ft^2 of deck coring (around the mast and Dorade area) and did it per the process you described (topsides and non-skid stay intact, remove and repair/reglass coring from below). Getting ready to apply the 2nd layer of bi-axial glass to the inside today. I will write about my experiences soon, but will wait to ensure the soundness of the repair first. Maybe a fall or late summer post...
Learning A LOT along the way. :)

Ahhh.... You’re where we were a few short years back. We actually removed a section of non-skid between the companion way rails and then created a fiberglass cover for the hatch that covered the sins of reattaching the non-skid. The rest was accomplished from below around the main salon hatch. Lots of work but more than worth it.

Looking forward to your project post for sure! Good boats are worth the hard efforts as I/we still get compliments on her looks and performance.