• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 Engine access

sailorande

Good morning,

I am looking to rebuild the carburetor and replace the fuel pump on my E27 ('72 I believe). I don't have small hands and cannot fathom how I, or even a helper with smaller hands) could get the fuel pump off while the engine in the compartment. I am contemplating an access panel along the port side of the compartment so as to be able to reach through from the underside of the galley to gain access to the carb and the fuel filter. My brother told me that there is plywood attached to the compartment on the side opposite the engine. Perhaps this was added for strength? In any case, I am wondering if this proposed access port is a good idea or not. Is there a better approach to solving this problem of accessing the fuel pump (and carb for that matter)? Any advice would be appreciated.

I spent about 45 minutes scouring the forum for an answer to my question but couldn't find what I'm looking for. My apologies if this question has already been answered.

Rande Peterson
Sounds of Silence

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Rande,

This access hole came with my 1976 E27. Looks pretty rough but I'm guessing it was there for the Atomic 4 that used to be on my boat (before I owned it). I think you would be okay cutting an access port in that area.

Attachments

• DSCN4105.jpg
    DSCN4105.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 70

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Cut the hole

Cut yourself a good size hole in the port compartment wall adjacent to the fuel pump. Makes things a lot easier.