• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

So do I take the tree on port, or starboard?

u079721

Contributing Partner
Seen along the Mississippi today. Certainly odd to see a large buoy in among some trees. Still not sure whether to take the trees on port or starboard though......red right return?

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure this green buoy is off station!

Attachments

• DSC00719.jpg
    DSC00719.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00713.jpg
    DSC00713.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 16

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Steve,

That buoy must have heard this and taken it to heart;

There is only one sure-fire cure for seasickness......... sit under a tree!

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Dunno. This time of year, at my former marina, you could sail around the adjacent cow pasture and woodland. Late summer, on the other hand, you were lucky to get out of your own slip at low tide. Not that there were very many navigation aids at all. Sort of an extreme local knowledge sort of deal.

For the last few weeks, the 10:45 “notice to mariners” broadcast has been full of buoys missing, buoys found, buoys kept in the warehouse until things settle down. (And the squeaky-voiced children the CG has doing the broadcast have no idea how to pronounce the names of the places, so you’d better be up on your light-list numbers. None of them has been even close, for example, on either “Willamette” or “Sacajawea” so far.) And this isn’t even a particularly big spring runoff. Although most of the ramps at the marina are decidedly horizontal at the moment.