• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Saving a Lady 6

micguire

Member I
Saving a Lady continued…6…I ran home to make my list. Crew, wagon, rope, plug, life jackets, sheets for sails, that should do. I recruited three friends and told them about the great adventure to come. Each was given an assignment. Why, there might even be peanut butter and jelly, with chocolate milk if all goes well. That did the trick. We arrived early Saturday morning, with my Red Flyer and my trusty tool bag, full of rope, a plug I borrowed from the hall bathroom, life jackets, well more of a flotation device that consisted of old pillows with rope to tie around us. As I was removing the plug from the bathroom sink my Grandmother walked in. Lad! what would you be up to, what are you going to do with that plug? I told her the plan, she laughed so hard tears were running down her face. She said my Father would be very surprised! Maybe even as surprised as he was with the Pumpkin. Then with a straight face and a look I will never forget, she said, do you recall what your Father said? Well let me remind you, one of his favorite lines. “Son there was a lesson in there somewhere, see if you can find it”. I could hear him saying it! Did you forget that lesson Lad?? She then said” I would be in the shite and he would for sure tell me how the cow ate the cabbage”. I had no clue what she was talking about, cows, cabbage, shite. But the Pumpkin, oh yes, now that struck the fear of God in me. That damn pumpkin, why did she have to bring up the pumpkin incident! To be continued…….