Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 PNW Anacortes Participant Sign Up

Contributing Member I
    Blog Entries
    Just got a response from Cap Sante and I will be in slip C-26. See you all there!
    Steve Swanlund
    1975 Ericson 32
    Puyallup, WA

Contributing Member III KTROBI_VALHALLA's Avatar
    Just confirmed my Ericson Rendezvous reservation at Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes. Slip C17. See you in July.
    Kevin Robinson
    'VALHALLA'
    1990 E38-200
    Hull #338
    Commencement Bay WA

Sustaining Member
    Second Star in C28 Friday to Monday.

Blog Entries

Cool Press Release?

Has anyone put out a notice to 48 North and other magazines?
    It can be short and simple...
    Place, Dates, and promise of meeting other owners and doing boat visits. I presume that any sort of pot luck will be coordinated by local owners.

This should be done right away due to lead times for publications.

Thanks,
    Loren
    1988 Olson 34 #8
    Sail # 28400
    Betamarine 25 (new 2018)
    Fresh Air
    Portland, OR USA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren Beach View Post
    This should be done right away due to lead times for publications.
    Great idea!

I can call 48-north and Northwest Yachting this week and get that started. Let me know if there are others I should call.

For contact info... to whom should we direct interested parties? Is there an official "coordinator" for this year's gala?

(i'd be happy to provide an email address, but I'm traveling so much right now it's hard to get a hold of me...)

Bruce
    "Makana" (ex-Thelonious)
    1985 Ericson 32-III #604
    Makana blog: here

Blog Entries

Drink Spreading the Word

Quote Originally Posted by bgary View Post
    Great idea!

I can call 48-north and Northwest Yachting this week and get that started. Let me know if there are others I should call.

For contact info... to whom should we direct interested parties? Is there an official "coordinator" for this year's gala?

(i'd be happy to provide an email address, but I'm traveling so much right now it's hard to get a hold of me...)

Bruce
    If Shaun does not wish to field inquiries (and there are seldom very many) just use my other email address.
    Sailingericson@Gmail.com

There are not that many publications to contact that have a calendar. Probably NW Yachting, Pacific Yachting, and of course 48 North.

If you know of (or can easily find) contact emails for yacht clubs in your area it would be nice to let them know.
    (IMHO, the sailors that are active in yacht clubs are: 1) al little more prone to leaving the dock, but also, 2) have oodles of club activities that involved their families quite often all summer.)

This is a situation where any help you give will be appreciated. There is no minimum or maximum.

I routinely email the local EY and Olson owners that I know with a link to this thread, and sometimes one may stop in while "up North" cruising, like we did a few years ago.

Cheers,
    Loren
    Last edited by Loren Beach; 04-08-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    1988 Olson 34 #8
    Sail # 28400
    Betamarine 25 (new 2018)
    Fresh Air
    Portland, OR USA

Hey Bruce and Loren,
    I can help with any coordination efforts if needed. With Shauns boat being up for sale, I don't know how committed he is with this year's rendezvous. He certainly has been the ring leader in the past. I was also thinking about possibly getting a guest speaker from one of the local marine purveyors of Anacortes. I am a happy customer of Northwest Rigging and know the owner Andy Schwenk does speaking engagements as does Mike Beemer from Skagit Valley Cruisers College. Both have done seminars at Seattle's Boat Show. We will have to check to see if the Port has a room we could possibly use. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by KTROBI_VALHALLA; 04-08-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Kevin Robinson
    'VALHALLA'
    1990 E38-200
    Hull #338
    Commencement Bay WA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTROBI_VALHALLA View Post
    I can help with any coordination efforts if needed.
    Awesome! Let's divide and conquer.... I'll be happy to call the rags and get some PR going. I may set up an email address to capture any responses, since I'm more-or-less local. I'll also figure out how we can give prospective interested parties a link to these forums.

Would love to have a guest speaker. If Andy or Mike are not available, I know Bob Perry and he's a fun speaker (and a longtime friend of Bruce King). I could reach out to him to see if he'd be willing to do something. He's relatively local (lives in Tulare Beach, I know he's at Betts yard in Anacortes all the time).

Do we have (or need) to line up things for potluck or barbecue or ...?

Bruce
    "Makana" (ex-Thelonious)
    1985 Ericson 32-III #604

I will reach out to the Port to see if they have facilities available for a pot luck. There is a park with building within walking distance of the marina but it's already booked during rendezvous weekend. I will also make some inquiries with regards to speakers.
    Kevin Robinson
    'VALHALLA'
    1990 E38-200
    Hull #338
    Commencement Bay WA

Blog Entries
    I've talked with NW Yachting, we'll be in the "rendezvous roundup" column in the May issue. I've asked them to let me know what a small ad would cost in case we want to have something in the June issue as well.

I also set up a separate email address to keep track of any inquiries: ericson@starboardtack.org Loren, Kevin, I'd be happy to share the password (in PM) if you'd like access to the mailbox too.

Waiting for call-backs from 48 North and Pacific Yachting.

Bruce
    "Makana" (ex-Thelonious)
    1985 Ericson 32-III #604

Contributing Partner

Listing in Pacific Yachting?

I've been reading through old issues of Pacific Yachting and Good Old Boat from the library, and noticed the December 2018 issue of PY lists many rendezvous for Bene, C&C, Catalina, CS, etc. but Ericson is missing. There are photos and writeups from each event, so this might be a good way to get the word out to other vikings who aren't aware of the meetup or this site.

I just verified the Ericson Rendezvous Group reservation of a floating dock area at Cap Sante that seats 45+ persons and has BBQ equipment for use. I assume it's under cover but am not sure. Apparently, when Shaun set up the group reservation, he reserved this space for a pot luck as well.....Thank you Shaun. I am still working on a guest speaker, Stay Tuned!
    Last edited by KTROBI_VALHALLA; 04-15-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Kevin Robinson
    'VALHALLA'
    1990 E38-200
    Hull #338
    Commencement Bay WA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sgwright67 View Post
    ...but Ericson is missing.
    Quick update: the 2019 Rendezvous will be included in the "rendezvous roundup" feature in the May issue of Northwest Yachting.

I've left messages for both 48-north and Pacific Yachting, neither has responded as yet. I'll keep on it.

As an aside.... it occurs to me that we (the EYO forums) are a relatively well-kept secret within the broader Ericson community. That became clear to me last year on my way up to the Genoa Bay event - I stopped in Sidney BC overnight to clear customs (and shop a little), my assigned slip was across the dock from two Ericsons... and neither one of them knew about the Rendezvous.

Both ended up visiting for the day on Saturday before going on with their cruising plans, and one is now a lurker on the forums, so that's good... but I think there are a lot still out there. within a 100-yard radius of my slip in my home marina - there's a 32-2 across the dock from me, and a 35-III on the next dock over, neither one of them knew about the forums until we chatted. There's also a 30+ on C-dock and a couple of 27s on D-dock, but I've never seen people on them.

So... yeah, I guess what I'm saying is, we all should be trying to get the word out about this great little community we have. There appear to be many who have yet to discover it.

Bruce
    "Makana" (ex-Thelonious)
    1985 Ericson 32-III #604

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTROBI_VALHALLA View Post
    I am still working on a guest speaker
    I think we should pass the hat and buy Christian a plane ticket. It would be awesome to have him come up!
    "Makana" (ex-Thelonious)
    1985 Ericson 32-III #604

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm Geoff W.'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bgary View Post
    I think we should pass the hat and buy Christian a plane ticket. It would be awesome to have him come up!
    I'd toss in a nickel. You'd think with all the 2c people throw in, we'd be able to afford it already!
    s/v "Delightful"
    1987 E32-3
    Hull #712