• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Couple more questions on M25

CSMcKillip

Long story short.. we totally redid our Ericson 33, we also had a daughter now 5 and for the last 5 years or so I really have not been that involved in our sailboat.

Needless to say... I have forgotten a lot of what I once did know as we totally rehabbed our boat from bow to stern...

on the engine panel M25 I have 3 gauges, temp, rpm and volts and a light.. I have a key, blower switch and glow plugs, this is the pre 83 panel.

I know the light is the oil pressure. I turn blower on, hit glow plugs and turn key and she always fires right up. Everything seems to run smooth and I have shut the engine off at 190 deg, I need a new impeller as one arm is off. After I pull the choke and the engine stops the red light comes on. No alarm, just the light. This is only after the engine has run.... I can turn off the key and turn it back on and red light is now on, start the engine and light goes off... is this correct?

I have no manual on the 33, going to see if I can find something on the 32 or 34.

thanks and happy 4th!!!!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The light indicates low/no oil pressure. It comes on when the ignition is on but the engine is not running. There should be a buzzer, too. It goes off when the engine develops oil pressure.

If the light/buzzer comes on when running, it means investigate immediately.

Sounds like you have a standard panel, probably with a replacement voltmeter (the factory installed an ammeter).

You can download an M25 manual on line.

One source: http://www.realitycheck.me/docs/Universal M25 Owners Manual.pdf

CSMcKillip

Yea, no buzzer? Maybe it was disconnected? I have never heard it? Where is it located? On the back of the panel.

also, I downloaded the manual to the boat operations from the 32. I think this is what I had referenced before and it did state that the buzzer will go off after the engine stops but the key remains on. It’s beeb 3 years since I have really spent any time on her and have been cleaning her up and enjoying a small amount of work over the last 6 weeks. I have always gone up and started the boat a couple times they out the seasons and checked on all the pumps.... but now we own her outright and I am just wanting to make sure I am not over looking something.

also: I am getting water in the bilge? I don’t know where from??
i have checked cockpit drain hoses,?thruhulls, shaft packing? I am drawing a blank and hope it’s not related to keel bolts?

funny thing is that the water stops in the bulge at the exact same place and I have about 10-14 gallons seeping in? I think it may be from the lumar sliding hatch, it has 3 holes in it.
Have had hose on deck, power washed it 3 times now!!!

But it rains hard hard every week

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
My '85 M25 (on an E32-3) never had a buzzer. I installed one this weekend, purchased from Amazon or Ebay for $2 or $3 a while back.

Note that if you add a buzzer, the light-blue wire that runs from the oil switch, through the wiring harness, to the oil pressure light is the ground ​wire. I just spliced into this wire for the buzzer's ground. For the buzzer's positive wire, I added a ring terminal and attached it to the same (+) post where the oil pressure light was powered (in my case, it was a positive post on the back of the water temp gauge, but any key-switched positive post would work).

Works like a charm.