• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hello Kindred Spirit Ericson Owners...

Nickp

I spent much time on this site when it was in the Sailnet community and I really enjoyed it. Work and other personal matters, unfortunately, took me away from sailing and the site.

Been lurking on and off for a while and figured it was time I would re-introduce myself.

i sail a Bruce King 38-200 mostly around Raritan Bay/New York Harbor and Long Island Sound. I was very active Wed nite and regatta racing, Around Long Island and Block Island...I really miss those days. And I miss the Northeast Ericson Rendezvous fun...

I'm hoping for more time on the boat this season after taking care of much neglected projects on the boat. I'm guessing you will hear a lot of questions from me getting reacquainted with the boat and getting her back in the condition she deserves...

i will also add that the members have done a fantastic job keeping this site the greatest source of information ever...

Glad to be back...thanks...Nick

RMX

Member I
Hello all, After some rigging upgrades, extended boom and a few newer sails "Lucia" is also in CT. She needed some love after being stuck in the mud on the Potomac. Some spring cleaning and back out there on the sound this spring.

Rod
E36 RH
Lucia
Sachem Head YC
Guilford, CT

Attachments

• IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 31

RMX

Member I
Tell us about that mainsail. UK Titanium? Would you do it again?

Main is a North 3Di that I acquired from a friend who was no longer in need of it. He moved to a Melgus 32. Many of his sails just happened to fit my boat with a few mods. Mainly extending the boom from 12' to 13'8". In my opinion (and a few others) the 36RH was a bit short in the main for Long Island sound. It has only been up 5-6 times in the fall and seems to be performing well. The true test will be the first Wednesday night race of the season.

If any fellow Ericsons are passing through the Guilford/New Haven area feel free to say hello.

Rod
Lucia