• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

UpgradeVille v.1

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
So, as part of the upgrade that's coming, I am first taking us to vB4.23 - which will resolve the blogs in line images issue. It will also provide us some space to clean things up before the main, much bigger upgrade to come (which I'll talk about at a later date).

Therefore, I'll be shutting the site down this Saturday, 01/07/17 at roughly 11:30am to start the backup and then upgrade. I've tested it already, and it seems ok, so I'm not expecting any issues. If everything goes as planned, then the site should be back up and running by 3-4 pm Pacific time.

Thanks for your continued cooperation and support!

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
And so, it worked - so I thought...

Maintenance Warning - NOW - Jan 08th

Ok, here we go again. I just received word from vBulletin that the 4.23PL2 version may -NOT- have fixed the attachements issue script - so I need to do some tests in another directory and then compare them to this installation to check our attachments to see if they're there or not.

Sorry for this - but I need to close the site down immediately. Hopefully, I'll have it back up within 3-4 hours.

Thanks for your continued support and understanding.

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Ok!

And...no. We're fine.

I just spent the last four hours going post-to-post with two copies of the site - and the attachments are there - thank God. I have no idea what that tech's issue was - but the upgrade was done ok, and we appear fine.

I'll be getting back to folks later on about further upgrade info (this is just beginning...).

//sse

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Glad it's ok so far, Sean. Thanks for all your work keeping it going! Can't live without checking the Ericson site! :egrin:
Frank

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Update from Upgradeville: 01/03/19

So, today I updated the test site to a newer version of XenForo - and then worked on a number of the pages. If you recall, the initial install that I did was not last January - it was actually three years ago - in 2017! How time flies...

So now, the new platform is up to date, and I am in the middle of working through issues relating to the blogs and the sequence of translating our existing db over. Once I work through those issues, I'll be contacting a number of you to talk you about formats and structure of layout, etc.
So far things look pretty good. I'll update everyone as things progress -- :egrin:

//sse

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Thanks for taking the hours and hours to do this.

As a heads-up, when we took the YamahaSuperTenere.com site to XenForo there was a learning curve for the moderators which can be frustrating.