• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

18' ERICSON.....NOT a sailboat! ERYC2004F990

salty joe

SO......I bought an 1990 18' Radon (a cuddy cabin sport fishing boat originally). ERYC2004F990
The Radon family had been making commercial fishing/diving boats out of the Santa Barbara area since the 60's.
In the late 80's the Radon molds sold to Innovator which ended up being owned by Ericsson briefly before they closed doors. ( the history is here http://radonboats.com/history/ )
I am trying to find out how many of these "Radon-Ericsons" were made and if anyone knows any history.
When Ericson closed doors Don Radon bought back the molds so the history on these vessels is short-lived.

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 127

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Cool!

When a company is well experienced at molding out frp products, it's not hard to build a variety of "things".
Back in the 70's, when I owned a Ranger 20, the little "boat factory" up in Kent WA had quite a side business of molding out shiny frp "awnings" for the large doors on truck loading docks at the nearby Boeing facilities.

Now you are all set to win a trivia contest!

Cheers,
Loren