• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Talkin' bout my generator....

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
The Who never had a rig like this !

Grandpa Steve asked about my onboard generator setup so here it is!

By simply elevating the EU2000 off the deck, we get zero vibration. Of course we only run the generator with all hatches closed and the AC on.

Hung from the boom, 6 gallon marine fuel can sits on spray hood on top of rubber shelf material. You can see the bungies that keep the Honda from swaying when we get an occasional wake.

PS - These photos were posted from my iPad so I cannot edit them so they are oriented the correct way. Maybe a benevolent a dim will assist with the world being sideways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
More Power!

John Cipolina could have used your power... and some more... to drive his awesome/wondrous amp stack.
http://www.johncipollina.com/rockAmpStack.htm
:)

"...Have another Hit.... of California sunshine..."

Cheers,
Loren

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Ryan L

s/v Naoma

By simply elevating the EU2000 off the deck, we get zero vibration. Of course we only run the generator with all hatches closed and the AC on.

Hung from the boom, 6 gallon marine fuel can sits on spray hood on top of rubber shelf material. You can see the bungies that keep the Honda from swaying when we get an occasional wake.

Wow, this may be a really good idea, thanks for sharing! Is your fuel tank feeding the generator? If so, how'd you make that happen??!

Rick R.

Contributing Partner

Wow, this may be a really good idea, thanks for sharing! Is your fuel tank feeding the generator? If so, how'd you make that happen??!

Ryan, you can order a special cap for the Honda that is tapped to accept the fuel barb on EBay.

Not sure you have a WM in that South Pacific paradise you guys are enjoying but the fuel can is six gallon outboard tank. Just pick up the fuel hose with the fittings and a bulb. I have to unscrew the cap on the fuel tank a bit to get airflow because these things are cheap and the vented caps don't work properly.

Right now, it's raining outside but we are down below loving the AC on the hook.

Ryan L

s/v Naoma
Ryan, you can order a special cap for the Honda that is tapped to accept the fuel barb on EBay.

Not sure you have a WM in that South Pacific paradise you guys are enjoying but the fuel can is six gallon outboard tank. Just pick up the fuel hose with the fittings and a bulb. I have to unscrew the cap on the fuel tank a bit to get airflow because these things are cheap and the vented caps don't work properly.

Right now, it's raining outside but we are down below loving the AC on the hook.

Good info, thank you! They still haven't opened a West Marine out here yet, or really any stores for that matter... :) Nicole is flying to California for a few weeks, maybe she'll grab one then. We may try your hanging generator idea this afternoon.