• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

msFootrope

1½ C large elbow macaroni
1 TBSP all purpose flour
½ TSP salt
2 C shredded cheese (recommend using ½ C Sharp Cheddar, ½ C Monterey and 1 C Medium Cheddar mixed together for flavor and texture) – Set ¾ C of cheese aside
3 TBSP butter
2 C milk
Dash of white pepper

Cook macaroni in boiling water until tender but not too done. In a separate saucepan and on medium heat, melt butter and blend in flour. Add salt. Slowly stir in milk until mixture is fluid but thick (if you don’t stir, mixture will be lumpy). Add pepper and cheese to sauce. Stir until cheese melts
Mix macaroni and sauce together and put in 1½ quart baking dish. Put the cheese that you set aside on top. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly on top. Serves 6-8 people.

For fun, you can add a protein, such as canned spam (don't get me started on this one), tuna, or salmon; or a healthier option such as vegetables. Experiment and have fun.

lnill

Member III
Long ago we babysat for the little girl next door for a couple of days. I made "real" macaroni and cheese for her. She wouldn't eat it because it "was the wrong color"
Needless to say, I was crushed.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Mac and Cheese

I've got two California grandsons. According to them if it's not Annie's it's not Mac and Cheese. Bummer. Little suckers. Well not so little since they're almost teenagers. I give up.

msFootrope

Long ago we babysat for the little girl next door for a couple of days. I made "real" macaroni and cheese for her. She wouldn't eat it because it "was the wrong color"
Needless to say, I was crushed.

Yeah, I know a lot of kids who will not eat Mac and Cheese that is not made from a box. I will admit it's easier to just do the box, but it sure doesn't taste as good!!!