• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fund Raising 2015-2016!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Greetings -

Someone suggested that I post a thread on this - as it seems like not that many people noticed the announcements at the top of the forums - but it's fund raising time again! I hope you're all well and are having a great holiday!

And here it is again - Fund Raising Season at EricsonYachts.org!

It's disturbing how quickly another year has passed. I hope that all of you are healthy and happy and enjoying time with your family and friends. This year was quite challenging with the version rollback we had to commit to in addition to other challenges in the website - added to changes within our families including new jobs, new retirements, major illnesses, etc.

But - that said - this year coming up will be our 15th year on the web - which is a milestone that I'm very happy to have a part of! I've really enjoyed my relationship with you guys; it's enabled me to keep one foot vicariously in the sailing world, while continuing to work on my new career (currently going after my AREs and my license) and other things which are hard to find the time for...

So - regarding fund raising: As in the past, we come to the membership once a year to solicit donations for the operational and material costs for EricsonYachts.org. The membership has been covering these expenses annually since 2004, and usually, with a good turnout, folk's modest donations are all that is needed to cover the costs and pay the bills for another season. Because we neither charge for access to the information we provide, nor allow for third parties to hang banners all over the site, this has been the method of finance that has allowed EricsonYachts.org to continue to grow and thrive.

If you wish to contribute, all you need to do is visit our page on donations:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexc...onation-Policy

On this page you will find information on making a contribution via PayPal with a major credit card, or via snail mail with a check or other form of payment. As always, your contributions make the difference between this site continuing to exist or not. We greatly appreciate everyone’s generosity – thank you so very much!

I hope all you have a wonderful, meaningful holiday and an even more productive and Happy New Year!

Best Wishes -

//sse:egrin:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Agree! This site has been set as my computer's home page for many years.
Helpful owners dispensing advice, encouragement, and wisdom.

:egrin:

Loren

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Good Call on the post Sean, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Thanks and merry Christmas.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Fund Raising Season Complete - Thank You Thank You!

Greetings -

I just realized that I never closed this thread and told you all that the fund raising was complete; that the bills have been paid and we're good for another year. I've been tied down between work and family issues and nearly two months has elapsed - my apologies.

Thank you to everyone who participated this year in the fundraising. Without the support of owners like you, the site would not be able to go on in it's present form. Without the funding of the members, we would be forced to either shut down or to go to a paid-membership system, which I would hate and (frankly) would hate to manage. From what I've heard from all of you, you also hate the thought of paid memberships or advertising banners, etc.

Also, this year marks the EricsonYachts.org 15th Anniversary! Thank you to everyone who has been with us through the years - as well as those of you who are new and who have made your decision to purchase an Ericson based (in part, at least) on information you've found via this website.

So - we're set for another year. I hope the season ahead is one of health and happiness for all of you and yours!

Thank you,

//sse:egrin: