• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raft up?

alcodiesel

Bill McLean
I am new to this forum and new to Ericsons and new to sailing anything larger than 20 foot. Our boat is at Willoughby in Norfolk.

Is anyone interested in getting something started? I am not sure what I am writing about so first off I stand corrected.

Some ideas: Winter sailing, summer trip, trip to somewhere- Cape Charles, York River area, an over nighter, a 2 or 3 day journey, something longer, trip to nowhere- just a day sail.....

There's 8 million sail boats here, there must some Ericson owners wanting to putz around together.

Navman

Member III
putzing around

Bill,
Hello. I put a query in about an Ericson raft up on the Chesapeake earlier this year, but got no response. I would like to set something up for this coming summer. I have an E-38 and I know of another 38 in the same creek as I am in. I am located above the bay bridge near Poole's Island. Worton Creek to be exact. As far as trips go, I do have a trip to New England planned for June. The itinerary is take a 3 day weekend to move the boat up into the sound then come home. A week or so later my wife and I go up and sail, going as far up as Woods Hole and surrounding areas. We then end the trip at the same marina we previously staged the boat at. Then a week or two later I take another 3 day weekend and bring her home. I know through this forum that there are a lot of Ericson's in the Sound and hope to set up a rendezvous or raft up at Block or Martha's with them. I have done the Chesapeake to Block Island/ Martha's run about a dozen times so am familiar with the trip and logistics. Mid summer we will most likely take another week just to tool around the bay heading toward the south. Let me know your thoughts. This goes for anyone else who may be interested in a raft up or a" cruise in company". I know there are a lot of Ericson's on the bay but raft ups just aren't happening (yet).

alcodiesel

Bill McLean
Hey Don, I hope this finds you well. I did see your earlier inquiry for raft up. I didn't respond because I am located the entire bay away in Norfolk. I am looking for, maybe, a day or three journey and I think it would take that long to get up there.

Navman

Member III
raft up

When we go down south this summer I will put it out there again. Maybe we can get some others interested. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Ok you Yankees.....

Just cause' it's winter don't mean nothin' here in FLA!

Y'all come on down here to the warm waters! How about an Ericson throw down in Key West? Say in late March maybe?

We're pretty alone on the right-coast, we Ericson owners...

Maybe Cap'n Tom Metzger will chime in. He comes down here with the baseball team every spring!:jawsdown:

And our friend from Georgia, Randy Rutledge comes down too with one of his racing E-boats.

We are easily motivated to sail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

gadangit

Member III
Just cause' it's winter don't mean nothin' here in FLA!

Y'all come on down here to the warm waters! How about an Ericson throw down in Key West? Say in late March maybe?

We're pretty alone on the right-coast, we Ericson owners...

Maybe Cap'n Tom Metzger will chime in. He comes down here with the baseball team every spring!:jawsdown:

And our friend from Georgia, Randy Rutledge comes down too with one of his racing E-boats.

We are easily motivated to sail

I think we could make plans for a late March Key West visit....

Navman

Member III
throw down

It's a little hard for this here Yankee to take off for 6 weeks to go south and return back north for a "throw down". Have to wait for my retirement! Unless I win the lottery this week, 400million would certainly make it a much more viable option!!! I could stop by on my way to the islands. :rolleyes:Fingers are crossed

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
It's a little hard for this here Yankee to take off for 6 weeks to go south and return back north for a "throw down". Have to wait for my retirement! Unless I win the lottery this week, 400million would certainly make it a much more viable option!!! I could stop by on my way to the islands. :rolleyes:Fingers are crossed

From one yankee to another, I hear ya Don! We have our ticket as well.....

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
From one yankee to another, I hear ya Don! We have our ticket as well.....

And if all us have the same numbers, we can split it several ways and still each have a ton of cash. In the literal sense....
:)

Loren

EMKoper

Member II
Mid-Souther Chesapeake

... we lost all lotto attempts ... maybe an Ericson lotto pool in the future could up our chances!

We are located in Deltaville, VA at the end of the Rappahannock and situated in mid/southern-Chesapeake ... we can get to Yorktown in a day or to Reedville, VA (end of Potomac) in a day ...

Navman

Member III
raftup

We won 4 bucks and split it 15 ways in our office pool. We are about a 6 hour sail above Annapolis dependent upon wind and tide. We are thinking about a sail down to Solomons (1-1/2 -2 day sail) possibly in the summer. I think we would shoot for Tilghmans island for the first day and then spend a day there then head down to Solomons. Tilghmans looks like about a day and a half sail for you also (70 nm) or Taylors Island @ 57nm for you and about the same for us. Haven't played down your end too much yet yet. Have only passed through en-route to the ocean and practicing for offshore racing. Maybe we could get a raft up going. It looks like it would be a good "middle ground" for E-owners on the bay. If anyone else is interested, CHIME IN so we can get some ideas on anchorages and possible town destinations/ day trips.

steven

Sustaining Member
We are de-winterizing this weekend and expect to be on the water in and about Annapolis region later in March. Anyone who wants to raft up let me know. If you are out and see us - blue hull, gold trim, "Indigo", E35-2, wave or hail "Ericson Indigo" on Ch 16 (which we have on sometimes).

Looking forward to connecting with others this season.

--Steve

Navman

Member III
raft up

We will most likely be in the water in mid to end of April with any luck, running late this year. We now have a torn apart kitchen and that is putting a damper on our splash schedule. Once we launch I will reach out. We are only about 4-6 hours north of Annapolis and a raft up sounds great. Will keep in touch as the time draws near!

Safe sailing,
Don & Linda

EMKoper

Member II
Ericson Freedom - Mid April

We'll be up and running my mid April on the mid-southern Chesapeake out of Deltaville ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• a6aa7e4d-31d1-41ed-9681-29ced1b61fe0.jpg
    a6aa7e4d-31d1-41ed-9681-29ced1b61fe0.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 323

Navman

Member III
June raft up

Well folks, our trip to New England has been cancelled due to the fact that we are presently without a kitchen and will not have the new one installed until the end of May. That being said my wife and I are going to spend our vacation time closer to home on the Chesapeake. We are planning on early June. We are going to head south for 2 or 3 days hoping to at least get to Solomon's if not further down than that and then slowly work our way back up north to home port of Worton Creek north of Rock Hall about 6 hours sail above Annapolis. We are going to do day sails ending in a different anchorage nearly each night. Seems like a perfect opportunity to get a raft up started. Any takers???

Navman

Member III
Raft up

Sounds good. Maybe in Annapolis or Dobbins island would be a little less busy. Also a nice place for a swim. Good holding also

Navman

Member III
Raft up

Any other takers out there? We should be down around the Pax river around the 11th then in Solomons around the 14th or so and the 16th Annapolis area or Saint Michaels around the 18th. I know there are a lot of Ericsons between here and there. Would be fun to get a couple of raft-ups going. Would also like to get info on cursing and anchorage areas down south in the bay

Hanktoo

Member III
As it happens, i am on the hard in Wortons Creek. Hoping to get most (never say everything) done over Memorial Day weekend and splash soon after. I will keep on eye out on the thread and see if we may be able to join you at some point.