• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fiberglass Repair at Deck Organizer

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I had a couple small stress cracks around the port side deck organizer with small brown drips coming out when it rained. I was told that it was probably a piece of wood under the raised area that was rotting by a couple fiberglass guys and told by another that it was probably some delamination (and not wood).

Yesterday, we started grinding away and discovered that there is not wood under the raised area, it is epoxy that was built up for the deck organizer. There was a slight bit of delamination but not much. My fiberglass guy says the factory didn't apply that small section correctly.

Here are some photos of the project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 56

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Curious as to why you decided to take so much gelcoat off. Could you have cut a wide slot in the top of the raised area, removed whatever displeased you, and filled it back in with thickened epoxy? Much less cosmetic repair that way, I'd think.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Curious as to why you decided to take so much gelcoat off. Could you have cut a wide slot in the top of the raised area, removed whatever displeased you, and filled it back in with thickened epoxy? Much less cosmetic repair that way, I'd think.

We had to grind until we found no moisture.