• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Re-routing the Charger AC lines

mjn

Member I
So we've rid ourselves of the old charger that came with our E32-200. No more charging things too hot and boiling away the water in the batteries. The AC wiring went to screw terminals within the battery charger. The new charger has a standard AC plug.
I could install a female plug onto the existing AC wiring or cut off the plug from the charger and splice the wires in the forward Starboard cockpit locker.

However, I noticed a convieniet direct rout to the AC panel along the starboard side where the hull meets the deck. There are a variety of DC lines routed through this path. I was thinking of mounting an AC socket or outlet inside the head cabinet (along that route) to plug the charger in to. Naturally using the Charger AC circuit as the AC source and using the appropriate marine electrical parts.
This makes me wonder why Ericson didn't use this route in the 1st place. Is there some code violation about running AC and DC lines in the same channel?

Anyone see a problem with this?