• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

NC 4th of July Storm Prep......

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
anyone else in the Beaufort / Wilmington NC area prepping for the 4th of July
storm..? If so, where are you and what steps are you taking...? cheers.....

:scared:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
anyone else in the Beaufort / Wilmington NC area prepping for the 4th of July
storm..? If so, where are you and what steps are you taking...? cheers.....

:scared:

Rich,
while I'm not there, I have been through decades of hurricanes here in FL. Some tips to help you prepare:

Raise your lines on any pilings for rising water
remove any tops, canvas or things that could blow off
Make sure your batteries are fully charged to run bilge pumps after power goes out
take all legal docs off the boat in case it gets destroyed.

Now it looks like it may arrive as a Cat 2. If so, it never hurts to have your boat pulled and put up "on the hard".

Good luck all!

Last edited:

clp

Member III
Right this moment I am tied up in downtown Wilmington, N.C. I sorta hate to say it, but I went this morning and put an extra line around the main, and took the Magma cover off and threw it inside. That's really about it. And a mate of mine actually set sail south Tuesday. It's not that we are apathetic, it's just not that big of a threat it seems.
i hope I'm right...

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Right this moment I am tied up in downtown Wilmington, N.C. I sorta hate to say it, but I went this morning and put an extra line around the main, and took the Magma cover off and threw it inside. That's really about it. And a mate of mine actually set sail south Tuesday. It's not that we are apathetic, it's just not that big of a threat it seems.
i hope I'm right...

Take care!

Been through this enough times to want to move to Seattle!

Last edited: