• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E39 Mast Step

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Chris,

We think the solution to the sideways photo issue is solved by Saving the photo on the desktop before uploading--even if the orientation already appears correct--on both PC and Apple (Loren is an Apple hipster, according to his avatar)

If that doesn't work for you then our 'desktop' theory is history and bunk.

Last edited:

stxchris

I welded up the mild steel; had a real welder weld up the aluminum pieces to make the step. Since the mast was laying down it was easy to grind the aluminum so that it fit tight to the mast insides. The aluminum is isolated from the steel by the manner in which the bolting takes place in the G-10.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Chris,

We think the solution to the sideways photo issue is solved by Saving the photo on the desktop before uploading--even if the orientation already appears correct--on both PC and Apple (Loren is an Apple hipster, according to his avatar)

If that doesn't work for you then our 'desktop' theory is history and bunk.

Hipsters were a (partial) generation before me...
;)

I use a 12 year old iMac, and do my photo editing in the built-in photo editor, 'Preview". I have heard of the "sideways" problem for many years with the site software incorrectly displaying u/l photos from tablets and smart phones. Sean believes that the next iteration of the software will correct this.
It is indeed a nuisance.
FWIW, I have heard that desktop WinOS computers load load properly, and so it's worrisome to hear of any that do not.

RenDe

Member II
I welded up the mild steel; had a real welder weld up the aluminum pieces to make the step. Since the mast was laying down it was easy to grind the aluminum so that it fit tight to the mast insides. The aluminum is isolated from the steel by the manner in which the bolting takes place in the G-10.

Hi awesome info. Thanks.

gadangit

Member III
Hipsters were a (partial) generation before me...
;)

I use a 12 year old iMac, and do my photo editing in the built-in photo editor, 'Preview". I have heard of the "sideways" problem for many years with the site software incorrectly displaying u/l photos from tablets and smart phones. Sean believes that the next iteration of the software will correct this.
It is indeed a nuisance.
FWIW, I have heard that desktop WinOS computers load load properly, and so it's worrisome to hear of any that do not.

I think my older windows machine might have worked, but I'm running brand spankin new Windows 10 Pro with the fastest processor and most memory I can stuff into the box. I am also using an Android phone. I (almost) never post from my phone, so picture goes to the PC and then out. Not calling your desktop theory bunk, but it trends that way. I don't have any fancy photo editing software, just using what came with Windows.
Chris

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Chris, sorry, one question and then I'll stop piggybacking the thread. If you right-click the desktop photo, is there an option "Locate on disk?"

I ask because some photo organizers offer "versions" of photos, meaning manipulations have been made but can still be undone by the user. However, the original remains untouched. "Locate on Disk" finds the original. If the option doesn't appear, it's already the original.

I have to do this most of the time before uploading to the forum, because I like to keep my originals raw. And my originals often import upsidedown.

I promise to get off the subject now.

gadangit

Member III
Hi Christian-
I don't mind the thread drift if you don't mind.
I don't have any of the picture files on the actual desktop, they are all in folders on a network drive and/or on onedrive.

We have versioning of office products and some CAD files, but I pretty much use the raw jpegs when dealing with photos. And if I do try to change a resolution or aspect ration of a jpeg I just save a new copy with its own name. I don't believe that Paint 3D does versioning. If you modify a file it asks if you want to save it otherwise it deletes the temporary file.
I don't know if that adequately answers your question?
Chris