New way to market a sailboat...

aj vollmer

Member I
I'm not sure this is an ad for an Ericson, but I pass along this advertisement from SF Craigslist because it opens new vistas about how to market a sailboat.
A little work with some PVC pipe, some new lighting, a buff out of the fresh water system along with some starter "herbs" and that boat of yours could start making some real money.

Enjoy,
Andy

Live aboard with hydroponic system - $1 (Bay)

30 something foot sailboat. Great location. Berths for 3 people, one twin, plus 2 bunks. Pressure water system, not hand or foot pump. Oven, microwave, fridge. Nice showers, laundry etc on site.
28 site vertical - ponics system. Large reservoir, individual sprayers per plant site. Produces 28-56 ozs of material every 60 days. Live for free! Fully automated. Tri-meter, fans, filtration, AC, 48 site cloner, digital ballasts.
Grows lettuce, tomatoes, herbs...whatever you can think of.

Please excuse me for not wanting to dish out a bunch of information on Craigslist. If you're in the business, then you obviously understand.

May take payments over a relatively short time. This boat will pay for itself the first 60-90 days.

$6500. I need $2-2500 down and proof of income or I need to believe that you can do good with this system. If you don't know proper ph etc, probably not gonna work out on payments. The system is simple, so easy, but not idiot proof.

Email me a little about yourself.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/4229201198.html

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Er, yeah... as long as you stay, what, 12 miles off the coast?

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
"The farm in the back
Is hydroponic
Good, fresh things
Every day of the year
Good, fresh things
Every day of the year"

Don Fagen Trans-Island Skyway

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
"The farm in the back
Is hydroponic
Good, fresh things
Every day of the year
Good, fresh things
Every day of the year"

Don Fagen Trans-Island Skyway

That's what I was thinking! "Kamakiriad" great album, great song, bad idea for a car / boat.

Funny to read this today, one of the younger designer's I work with plus a industrial engineering intern have a hydroponic experiment with fish and produce going on in the lunch room, and it sure stinks. I call it a "Gas Chamber for Fish". Phew! Getting at least one dead fish a day. :headb:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
That's what I was thinking! "Kamakiriad" great album, great song, bad idea for a car / boat.

Funny to read this today, one of the younger designer's I work with plus a industrial engineering intern have a hydroponic experiment with fish and produce going on in the lunch room, and it sure stinks. I call it a "Gas Chamber for Fish". Phew! Getting at least one dead fish a day. :headb:
j

Jeff
That experiment was done back in the 70s. They called it Lake Erie!

Last edited: