E23 Rudder

GregB

Member II
Hi -

Post crash... I was starting to talk to someone about an E23 rudder. If you are still out there let me know.

Fair winds!

G

GregB

Member II
E-23 Rudder Bump

Hmmm - we seem to have lost the seller of the E-23 rudder. Anyone out there remember who this was or how to contact him/her? I am still trying to decide if I am going to get a bigger boat, but I figure I might as well pay my dues and doll up the one I have!

Tim C

Tim C
E23 rudder for pattern

I have a 76 E23 with original rudder. I can make a pattern of any of its parts if that helps you. It is not for sale, gonna need it next season...
Tim

Vagabond39

Member III
Greg:
If you plan to make one, the wood is 9 /4 Mahogany, joined with 7 3.5 inch long 1 /2 inch diameter dowels . The dowel alignment will require good woodworking skills, and she shaping a lot of elboe grease. And, that is if you have the metal parts.
Bob

GregB

Member II
Way too lazy for those shenanigans...

Thank you gentlemen!

I have a functioning (but probably waterlogged) original rudder. So I don't need specs. Someone was getting rid of a fiberglass one and I thought I would get my backup rudder. I don't have the skills or the tools to make one. (Plus I am too lazy...)

G

Rbullen

23-2 Rudder Pattern Needed

Hope this thread isnt too old. I bought a '76 23-2 and need to rebuild the rudder, was hoping someone has a pattern or the original spec or pictures with scale I could use to build. Thanks.

R

Vagabond39

Member III
E23-2 rudder

Hope this thread isnt too old. I bought a '76 23-2 and need to rebuild the rudder, was hoping someone has a pattern or the original spec or pictures with scale I could use to build. Thanks.

R
Thread is not too old. I rebuilt mine several years ago. However I will need to get to the Gypsy Rose to take pictures and measurements. She is in Illinois, and the H3N2 Aisian Canine flu was centered their, so I have been taking care of land I own, in CT.
What problems are you having with your rudder?
Is it the origional Mahagony type?
Bob
ERY 23 359 M76 I

nimereht

MkII rudder specs wanted

My E23-2 is sporting a J-24 rudder - works well enough but I'd certainly be interested in measurements, specs, photos of the real deal!

davisr

Member III
Origional gudgeon and pintle hung rudders for the E - 23 and E- 25 were wood, not foam.
Bob

attachment.php

Not so fast. My E25 rudder was/is foam.

Roscoe

Attachments

• DSCN8392.JPG
    DSCN8392.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 212