• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 27 stuffing Box access

Tune Inn

In trying to get to the stuffing box on my E27 I find the gas tank covering the access to the packing nuts and shaft. Do I have to remove the gas tank, or is there another way to access this area?

:egrin: Tune Inn
E27 1972

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Access

Your tank must be way forward of where the one is on my 73' 27. I have plenty of access through the quarter berth. When my son was smaller he could lay on his back, upside down in the lazerette and hold the box while I loosened the locking nut. You may have to loosen the tank and move it out of the way. Hope its not glassed in. Al Frakes, Port Kent, NY.

dt222

Member III
Mine is Different

On mine, I have access via a cut out just aft of the engine. I remove the sparkplugs, lay a towel on top of the engine, and reach. It's awkward, but manageable.

Don

Tune Inn

Thanks!

I will take a closer look and see what might be possible in moving the gas tank; it is not glassed-in, but does have very tight straps holding it in place. I may be able to open a larger hole to access the stuffing box. I'll let you know what works.

Tune Inn