• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Roller Furling

Bobg

Member I
Hi All, I have just purchased a ericson 29 and would like to install Roller furling, does any one out there have one on their 29, any recommendations for a decent furling system? Thanks a lot Bobg

Ken Haneline

Member II
Roller furling for 30+

Bobg: I am installing the Profurl system this spring (if it ever comes!) . I bought a new headsail from Seth Morrell on this site. He was very helpful and had some very good pricing. Look him up. Thanks, Ken

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
sails, furlers, and dollars

When I put a new roller reefing system on our boat in '95, I went thru UKsailmakers NW, and got a great "winter price" on the genny and also a price on the Harken furler much lower than even the best P__t S_pply price at that time. They claimed to be one the largest Harken dealers in the NW and did indeed save me some real money over buying this stuff separately -- I imagine most large sailmakers do this. North used to sell Harken furlers with a North label on them, even...
(maybe they still do, for all I know)

I note that Ken liked the expertise and attention from Seth; I like Tim Knight at UK. In this impersonal day and age, I think that we all still value a personal touch for these important purchases...
:)
It's a good thing for us that people like Seth are passionate about thier work and like to share their knowledge!

:D

Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34 #8