• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking to buy a E25

blessard

Looking for a decent E25 on a trailer Preferably in the north east. Please let me know of anything that may be avaiable.

Thanks!!

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
Not splashable

I'm sure your looking for something you can haul to the lake and splash yourself. I've got an 73 E-27 on a trailer. Non-self splashable. Al Frakes Port Kent, NY

davisr

Member III
Blessard,

Here's a nice one in Rhode Island.

http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/2749524205.html

No trailer, but then again it's not easy to find one with a trailer. Used sailboat trailers, in my experience, are few and far between. If you're interested in buying a trailer, I can give you a pointers based on my research a few years ago.

Regards,
Roscoe

blessard

Thanks

I saw that one in RI and emailed them just before I posted this. Thanks for forwarding that to me.

And yes I am looking for something that I can launch my self. I will make it a lot easier that way :)

Appreciate the quick responses!

Wysailer

Member II
Potential E25cb

Blessard -

I have one I would consider selling, has stout trailer, can send you info back if you provide an email address off line.

Scott
1973 E25

Vagabond39

Member III
E-25

There has been one listed on eBay acouple of times. it is listed in Upstate New York by Sacanaga Lake, Broadabin just north of I-90.
It is on a trailer! It looks like a wooden cradel on a homebrew trailer.

Vagabond39

Member III
1975 Ericson 24' sailboat

<tbody>
</tbody>
Vehicle Information
ERY25216M74A

THIS IS AVAILABLE ON EbAY IN ANNOPOLIS, MD. No Trailer, New Listing.
listed as a 1975 14 footer, belied by the HIN.

<tbody>
<th style="width: 17%;" id="vi-ia-attrSectionLastRowTd" class="vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding" noWrap="nowrap" align="left">Hull ID Number: </th>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

PatTormey

Member I
There has been one (E25+) here in Portsmouth NH

Independent Boat Haulers Berlin ME has a 25+ gas supposed to be in good shape.. was asking $5K if I remember right..

I'm local (Rye NH) lemme know If you want me to check it out..
Pat Tormey 603.437.5726
E25+

blessard

Still Searching

PatTormey~ Do you know if they made the 25+ in a swing keel? I am really looking for one with a swing keel.

Thanks again everyone for the help I appreciate it!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Depends on the definition of "trailerable"

PatTormey~ Do you know if they made the 25+ in a swing keel? I am really looking for one with a swing keel.

The E-25+ brochure can be d/l from the d/l part of this site. I just took a peek and it shows two keels, Standard draft = 4'11" and a shoal draft of 3' 11".

Trailering would take a long extension and a steep ramp with the Shoal Draft model, IMHO. With a beam of 9' 3", you would probably need a permit for hiway transport in many states anyhow.
Further, with a brochure displacement of 5000# (and likely more actual weight typical stores aboard, it would take a beefy 3/4 ton truck to handle it -- and those big diesel pickups start at about $30K and can cost over 40K... Yikes...

The older model, the E-25, was designed from the start to be legally trailerable, and that might suit your criteria better...

Loren

Last edited:

PatTormey

Member I
Does it swing?

Can't say not knowing and all.
BUT I think the swing keel was an option for the 25 and the 25+ offered the shoal keel [3'11" (which I have)

As noted here I'D NEVER HAUL ONE Independent Baot Haulers haul for the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (my marina) and they have the tools, experience and the equipment to do it safely..

Pat NH USA

PatTormey

Member I
Great Deal 1979 Ericson 25+ Sailboat $3700

Looking for a decent E25 on a trailer Preferably in the north east. Please let me know of anything that may be avaiable.

Thanks!!

Looks Like it still available and at a motivated seller price
[h=2]1979 Ericson 25+ Sailboat FREE WINTER STORAGE!! - $3700 (Portsmouth)[/h]
Date: 2012-01-18, 8:56AM EST
Reply to: sale-qneqb-2805760314@craigslist.org [SUP][Errors when replying to ads?][/SUP]
WINTER STORAGE FEE PAID FOR IN FULL!!!!!
PRICE REDUCED!

-1979 Ericson 25.5 foot sailboat with a 9.3 foot beam
-Non-swing keel with a 4.5ft draft.
-(1) main sail and (1) jib in great shape
-Furling jib makes putting it out and in a snap.
-Functional bathroom. Alcohol burner stove hasn't worked
-2000 Yamaha 9.9 four stroke outboard, NEW carburetor June 2010.
- New floor installed Spring 2011
-Always had an outboard motor, but there is a internal fuel tank if an inboard were to be installed
-IBH boat yard in Eliot Maine, IBH owns the stands and they do all the hauling
-no soft spots on deck

NADAGUIDES LISTING: http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1979/Ericson-Yachts/ERICSON-25-25/Standard-Equipment

Let me know if you want to take a look at it. Priced between $8000 and $9000 on NADAguides.com.
GIVE ME AN OFFER IF YOU HAVE AN INTEREST!!!!
<!-- START CLTAGS -->

blessard

Really Looking for the E25 with the center board

Thanks for all the posts I have tried contacting a few of the other adds and waiting to hear back (hopefully).

If you find any more keep them coming!!

Thanks!!

blessard

Found And Put a Deposit Down!!

Thank-you all for the help in the search! I should be picking up the boat some time this month! Here are some pictures!

DSCN5033.jpg
DSCN5036.jpg
DSCN5042.jpg
DSCN5102.jpg

davisr

Member III
Blessard,

Congrats on tracking down an E25. She looks like a nice one. Have you also hunted down a trailer, or did this boat come with one?

Regards,
Roscoe